Photographing beavers

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by LK_Nature_Photography, Jun 12, 2019.

1. LK_Nature_Photography

LK_Nature_Photography No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    That tail slap always scares me! They sniff around, and when they come out then they freeze a second two to listen if there is something in the near. They are just adorable!

Don´t stop trying, sooner or later they will come out earlier and then you'll go home as a happy wildlife photographer! Persistence dies last :trink39:

Thanks for watching! I have to clean that area next time I go there, If I won't do it, nobody will...

That is a very nice thing, a state to like their fluffy, valuable animal. With such thinking, they are teaching children to care more about their nature and wild animals in it. I looked on google where exactly is Oregon and I saw some beautiful landscapes, it looks like a very nice state, some places were a real haven for beavers. There is a football team beavers, basketball team beavers... cool. Go beavers GO! :wav:

Mmmmm... things... Sounds interesting! If not beavers any moving things are good. Swampy areas can be full of surprises, just watch out for the alligators!

• Like Like x 1
  2. K9Kirk

K9Kirk Been spending a lot of time on here!

Top Poster Of Month

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I disagree, mosquitos are not good, lol! Then there are gators and crocs, snapping turtle, alligator snapping turtles, black bear, wild boar, 6 types of poisonous snakes, black widow spider, brown recluse, panthers, mosquitos and swamp-billies!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    The "athletic"
    Beaver introduced in 2001 IMG_1616.PNG

The "classic" beaver IMG_1614.JPG Here is a photo of Benny the beaver, the Oregon State University mascot from roughly 1941 until the year 2000. In 2001he received a makeover and is now commonly called the "athletic " or "the angry" beaver.

4. RVT1K

RVT1K No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

To paraphrase the immortal words of Sergeant Zim "What do you want, to live forever??"

Besides everything on the list, with the exception of the bugs, are on the "eat" list. I've had gator gumbo and deep fried rattlesnake and would certainly try the others.

And any swamp-billies better be bringing their A game!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. K9Kirk

K9Kirk Been spending a lot of time on here!

Top Poster Of Month

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ha, ha! You tell ol' Zimmy I don't want to live forever but I don't want to watch myself get eaten alive either, lol! Good and fine on the eat list, I've eaten some of those myself, I love gator on a stick but I hear tale that people are on some swamp animals "eat" list so that's what would keep me on my toes in the Florida wilds. As far as dangerous Swamp-billies go:

burt.jpg

6. RVT1K

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I hear you!!

There was no need to worry about anything more dangerous than the alpha-male beaver taking exception to me watching them.

The skeeters were not too much of a problem, unlike my current neighborhood where one of my neighbors has a sign in front of his house stating "Protected By Mosquitoes". There is a nature preserve by me but the skeeters keep me away once it warms up.

Silly swamp-billie, bringing a bow to a gun fight....

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. shadowlands

shadowlands No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Why was my sick mind hoping for another type of beaver?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. LK_Nature_Photography

LK_Nature_Photography No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm... Good question!

9. RVT1K

Photos NOT OK to edit

That type has been on the endangered species list for a while now. I think they have been wiped out by shavitoffus.