photographing rainbows?

JbleezyJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jflophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey so I was at Yosemite this past weekend and hiked up to Vernal Falls and there was a little rainbow at the bottom. I snapped away at it trying to capture it in all its glory. I tried different exposures and stuff but I think I could have done a better job to get all the colors and such. I shot in raw and bumped up the saturation to try and get more of the colors. Not sure what else I could've done to make this shot better. Any suggestions on how to photograph rainbows or post processing techniques?

Here's the shot:
anotherrainbow.jpg

To my mind you did all you could and made it show nicely. Anything stronger would begin to look quite unnatural - so I think.
Pretty motif!

Nice. I never been to Yosemite and I lived here in the Bay Area for awhile. I always wanted to go, I have to try one day. Great shot.

When you see a rainbow, sometimes it will help to try and keep the sun directly at your back if you can.

hmmm never tried to capture a rainbow before, sounds like i have a new mission. cheers, by the way nice shot, think you captured it nicely

You're lucky. The very first lens I had wouldn't capture a rainbow. I went a couple of years thinking film was the culprit.

Don't mind me. I'm just musing out loud.:chatty: Carry on!

And, btw, nice rainbow. Nice shot all around.

Nice!!
It reminds me of the double rainbows I saw last month.
It was sunset after rain, then I saw them. Double rainbows!!
But it was a little dark, and I didn't take my camera, so I can only capture a clip of dark video using my cellphone....Sometimes, those beautiful things are just hard to be captured.:(

Most reactions

Back