Photographing the impossible: an aircraft leather chair!

I also do video work and would rather use continuous lighting. Would something like this work? It's a Britek 6000 Pro eight/bulb fluorescent for a reasonable price.

britek 8bulb cfl w/softbox

Is there a reason you have to use that background, and does it have to be so close? You're picking up a lot of the green in the shadows on the first one.

Well being a novice I chose green for the chroma keying needed for video. But maybe in hindsight maybe not the best color choice. And yes I see the reflection. I am limited on space with my shop. But here are a couple that I just shot and am very happy with. You guys will probably laugh but I changed to RAW and seemed to make a huge difference. Plus shot outside under white tent with green background. Did some color correction to remove green reflection and adjusted white balance but that's about it. Hesse chairs look bad and that's the point. All the more dramatic effect when the after pictures are next to them. Eventually I need to shoot these pics inside under controlled conditions.
9e9y5a4u.jpg
udu9yzat.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

If you're shooting stuff that doesn't move around, you can probably use anything you like. The important factors are probably something like consistent color, and the ability to manage lighting ratios easily. Continuous lighting lets you see your lighting in advance, which you need strobes with modeling lights to do with discontinuous lighting.

You can light paint these things with a flashlight if you want, they'll just sit there all day while your camera exposes.

Flash of some sort might be a better investment if you ever want to shoot anything that's not as patient as a chair.

Re-visiting the great information from all of you. Thank you very much for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back