Photographs from the Street

@manaheim: The photographs were taken in back light deliberately, I was indeed aiming more for the overall feel of the situations, not for details in the subjects. I chose to go for a lot of contrast. I developed the photographs to be pretty dark, still they shouldn't appear too dark, at least they don't on my monitor, but they are all pretty low-key, that's true.

@daluke9: interesting, how differently we perceive a picture, I actually loved the fact that there was a car going by in the background. I had a similar picture without a car, still I chose process the one that can be seen here now.

@sblanca: I kinda thought that I'd go for one post per picture to seperate them a little bit.

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

Sebastian

@manaheim: The photographs were taken in back light deliberately, I was indeed aiming more for the overall feel of the situations, not for details in the subjects. I chose to go for a lot of contrast. I developed the photographs to be pretty dark, still they shouldn't appear too dark, at least they don't on my monitor, but they are all pretty low-key, that's true. Sebastian

Based upon that, my guess is I'm seeing what I'm supposed to.

Was just looking at the one with the man on the bench again, btw... really a very neat shot. Almost sad... not sure. It's neat. It really makes me tihnk about what the guy is thinking, and I love the halo around him. Very cool.

My own rule
"If one uses a technique more than 3 times in a set of pictures, it becomes a crutch and gets boring.'

My own rule
"If one uses a technique more than 3 times in a set of pictures, it becomes a crutch and gets boring.'

Yeah, maybe, but I am just one picture above your self-imposed rule. ;)

But seriously, I would basically agree with you, but the light and the atmosphere were shouting for it...thanks for mentioning it, though.

Sebastian

I like these they remind me of a few pictures I took with my Canon S3 which I have yet to beable to recreate with my Rebel.
Can you tell me what camera you used for these and if possible the Exif data...
Thankyou I'd be much obliged..

I like these they remind me of a few pictures I took with my Canon S3 which I have yet to beable to recreate with my Rebel.
Can you tell me what camera you used for these and if possible the Exif data...
Thankyou I'd be much obliged..

Just sent all the info to you!

Most reactions

Back