Photography class

tmartin2347

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about going to a local photography class learn from a proffessional photographer, anyone here been in or know of Bill Lane out of NH?

I dont, lol but I've been thinking of doing something similar. Actually Im wanting to see if any photographer will take me on as hired help for the summer. Anyone know anyone in the St. Louis area that wants a photo equipment caddy?

I've taken two photography classes in college, one film and one digital. Other than how to develop and print film, neither of them taught me anything I didnt already know teaching myself.

Depending on who you take it from, it may be very very basic stuff. Just a warning.

Other than how to develop and print film, neither of them taught me anything I didnt already know teaching myself.

Depending on who you take it from, it may be very very basic stuff. Just a warning.

I completely agree with this. I have taken two as well one film and the other a photojournalism class, which basically was like any digital photography 1 class. I learned nothing from it that i didn't know already besides some legal rights of a photographer. But If you have a really good professor I believe that you could learn a lot from it. also they have these "mentor series" classes where you go off on a week or so long trip somewhere with professionals from National Geographic and other big magazines and shoot with them in a small group.. It costs a lot, but im sure that would be quite a learning experience if you ca afford it.. lol

Yesterday's Groupon in my area was for a Basics of Photography class with a local photographer. It was only $25 for a 90 minute class, and it seems like it will be packed with info.

Hopefully I will gain some knowledge by this. Thankfully it was fairly inexpensive regardless. :)

I've been taking a whole slew of community ed classes related to photography. Everything from baic function, to studio lighting, to off camera flash etc. I will say that the classes are VERY basic, but they have enough content for me to outline what I DON'T know (which could fill volumes)........ which helps a great deal in my independent studies.

Yesterday's Groupon in my area was for a Basics of Photography class with a local photographer. It was only $25 for a 90 minute class, and it seems like it will be packed with info.

Hopefully I will gain some knowledge by this. Thankfully it was fairly inexpensive regardless. :)

I just signed up for a day long intro class w a groupon...held next week. I'm pumped for the class, but my expectations are low since the prep list includes the camera manual. I'm expecting a lot of direction about what the knobs and buttons do. Unfortunately, the intro class is required to enroll in the more interesting classes (lighting, etc.). Oh well...the price of entry.

Thanks for all the advice, there's so much to think about. Just with a book I purchased and being on here I have learned a lot. I'm wondering if I should pass on this class and just learn on my own, maybe look into getting some different dvds I can watch on my own time.

Most reactions

Back