Photography Contract?

MrsLittle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Incirlik Air Base, Adana Turkey (thank you Air For
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know there are a ton of sample photography contracts floating around the web, but most of them are contracts I wouldn't sign myself because of the wording used.
I was wondering what kind of contracts do most of you use, without having to contact a lawyer? Is there a standard format to follow or maybe even a website that offers a good version of a contract?

but most of them are contracts I wouldn't sign myself because of the wording used.
What is it that you don't like about them? The wording is usually the way it is, for a reason. So if you don't end up using similar wording, you may be opening yourself up to potential problems.

but most of them are contracts I wouldn't sign myself because of the wording used.
What is it that you don't like about them? The wording is usually the way it is, for a reason. So if you don't end up using similar wording, you may be opening yourself up to potential problems.

Some of them sound a little too aggressive. Yes I understand that is how I have to be when it comes to covering my own butt, but, I just want something that won't scare the client away.

It is not advisable to use any contract or other legal document you find online, without first having your attorney make sure it is actionable where you do business.

You want your contract to be as heavily weighted in your favor as you can get by with.

Business and Legal Forms for Photographers (Fourth Edition)

Contracts, model/property releases, and other legal documents often get customized to fit a clients needs/desires. Smart retail and commercial photographers review/update their contract at least every 6 months.

Negotiating contract terms and other issues is a skill needed by every photography business owner - The Photographer's Guide to Negotiating

ASMP Professional Business Practices in Photography

How to Start a Home-Based Photography Business, 6th (Home-Based Business Series)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back