photography courses

katiedann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking of trying to get into pro photography and want to do some kind of qualification. Thought about City and Guilds, NCFE or Open college..... Any recomendations? Also what about the short courses at St Martins, London??? Any advice???

I know there are many courses in both Digital and film photography in Llanover Hall cardiff, does that help? If it does you should google Llanover Hall.

I think you should watch this it was very inspirational for me

Last edited by a moderator:
halestorm said:
I think you should watch this it was very inspirational for me

YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/PHKa6GB5nS8

I agree with this guy in some aspects. Why does anyone need a certificate/degree in photography? Business school is probably a better option for a photographer. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a few photography classes/workshops. I'm taking a photography class this semester in college because it's a good place to practice with other people who like/enjoy photography. As well as getting critiques from the instructor (who is a photographer) and peers. I don't think photography schools are going to beat you up or ridicule you nowadays. Back in the 70s maybe but they open thenselves up to a huge lawsuit if they did stuff like that now.

I don't think photography schools are going to beat you up or ridicule you nowadays.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. It happens today as well. I've seen it, heard about it from friends and experienced on my own. Such attitude from teachers isn't a problem only of photography schools, but I've experienced it in IT university as well as in architecture design university. Most of the teachers completely forgot not only the real business, but their attitude towards students is, politely said, awful. I'm not saying every school is like that or every teacher is like that, but it's a common wide-spread problem even today.

Tomasko said:
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. It happens today as well. I've seen it, heard about it from friends and experienced on my own. Such attitude from teachers isn't a problem only of photography schools, but I've experienced it in IT university as well as in architecture design university. Most of the teachers completely forgot not only the real business, but their attitude towards students is, politely said, awful. I'm not saying every school is like that or every teacher is like that, but it's a common wide-spread problem even today.

In America college teachers don't make it a habit to beat up students. I'm not saying it never happens but it's not a wide spread problem here. Ridiculing and being rude I can see. But that could happen in and out of schools!

spam-300x255.jpg

Why in the world would he film a video with a train running in the background? :lol: :thumbdown:

**Sorry** Just saw that Listen pulled this thread from the grave. :grumpy: Just an FYI, there's a setting in VBulletin to keep threads in the graveyard.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back