Photography Equipment Insurance

maxim_311

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Who do you have your camera gear insured through? What is covered?

I have tried getting renters insurance with a rider for my camera gear outside the home (tried AAA and Geico thus far). But none of them have the key point of covering accidental damage (drops, etc). The only thing they'll offer of value is theft. But there is a much higher chance of a lens getting smashed than there is of it stolen.

I have looked into other specific insurances but they are only for businesses/professionals.

Does anyone out there have coverage for their equipment and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I have mine through State Farm covers everything but losing the gear. 7k coverage for $130 a year if I recall correctly.

I have mine through State Farm covers everything but losing the gear. 7k coverage for $130 a year if I recall correctly.

Does this include accidental damage and theft coverage?

Ask your insurance provider for Inland Marine. No insurance is cheap but if you really need protection then you have to invest in it. I do use PPA's PhotoCare Plus for my business. Read your policy carefully. Not everything is covered.

Check with your insurance agent for a personal articles policy. I have mine through State Farm but several insurance companies have them. My gear is covered for theft, damage, and plain old Opp's I forgot it somewhere. I am covering 20K worth of gear for about $200 a year and it is a full replacement policy.

Most reactions

Back