Photography isn't always Glamorous | Self Portrait | Einstein shoot

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, lately I've been really inspired to shoot and make new photos. Not really sure why, but I'm going to ride it out and bleed it dry.

I had a toddler shoot the other day and the mother ordered a ton of photos. And this idea popped up in my head.

Photography in general is rarely glamorous, rarely is it exotic, rarely is it what people think it is.

90% of my time is spent in front of my laptop, whether its editing, printing, networking, or responding to potential clients.

If I'm lucky I get to shoot the other 10% of the time. And thats why I started this little project of mine, whether its something simple like printing photos and taking a photo of it.

As of lately I found myself stuck in a slump and was only worried about making money, which there isn't anything wrong with that. However I wanted to bring my photography back to life and 'fall back in love with it' and enjoy it like I use to.

So I present to you!

Photography isn't always Glamorous!

$14723201491_fbd2bb40bc_b.jpg

Total of 8 photos and 20 layers

Heres a preview of 6 of them
$123321_zpsfa1e4cd4.jpg

Before
$20140722-005_zpsc84add01.jpg

Photoshop screenshot
$ScreenShot2014-07-23at122931PM_zpsd3fd28c1.jpg

Behind the scenes
$20140722-001_zpse6d0bcf3.jpg

Last edited:
Could you tell me your method for changing background colors?

I saw you did it the other day on your detective shoot.

Now I see you changed the wall color?

has huge desk; uses side table.

Could you tell me your method for changing background colors?

I saw you did it the other day on your detective shoot.

Now I see you changed the wall color?

I usually add an adjustment layer (Hue/saturation, and sometimes brightness/contrast) and use a layer mask.

If you look at the photoshop photo I uploaded you can see all the adjustment layers and how they are all masked.

One for the wall, one for the curtains, one for the floor, etc.

has huge desk; uses side table.

Closer to the printer haha, no need to turn around :)

may I say something? It's a selfie... I should be allowed....

Oh, thank God, we don't see any nip!!! (well...mmaria might....I know she's cranking the brightness up....looking...) lol

I'm dissapointed. Didn't you promise to be naked in your next set??

:giggle:

Very neat concept.

Oh, thank God, we don't see any nip!!! (well...mmaria might....I know she's cranking the brightness up....looking...) lol
oh lol!

but, seriously, I don't want to look (or hear ;)) anything that guys don't want to show! However, I do admit that I study/enjoy selfies a bit more than usual shots... Don't judge me! We all do it!

now, could you please lose that one "m"?

HAHA, I must not of read the fine print on that one lol.

Thanks ladies!!! I'll do my best at getting a better shot next time, shirtless. I have been hitting the gym ;)

As far as I am concerned this is a written contract. This was "next time" after all. Do you disappoint all your customers this way, or am I special? :giggle:

hm.... you didn't answer my question... but I don't have the time...

LOSE THE SOCKS NEXT TIME!

-you chose my favorite color for the wall. The biggest wall in my kitchen, majority of my clothing, even boots are in that color. It goes very well with red ;)
- cleaning up that desk on your left was a nice touch

HAHA, I must not of read the fine print on that one lol.

Thanks ladies!!! I'll do my best at getting a better shot next time, shirtless. I have been hitting the gym ;)

As far as I am concerned this is a written contract. This was "next time" after all. Do you disappoint all your customers this way, or am I special? :giggle:
oh Jazzie, :thumbup: for you again! I'm leaving you two alone, have fun and enjoy ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back