Photography Notebooks

George W. Bush

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I was gonna make myself a photography notebook in Microsoft Word. Basically like a table that I can use to keep track of each picture I take. I was going to include things like shutter speed, aperture size, focal length, etc. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of software that is designed to do this. Something that I can print out to carry with my camera. Or if anybody knows of something on the internet that would serve the same purpose. Thanks for the help.

George

I use access to keep track. You can also look on the properties of the pictures. They usually have all of the info about the technical aspects of the picture.

I forgot to specify, but I wanted to use this for my film camera. Thanks for the tip though. Is there a way to import the properties from your digital pics into access to make a database from?

Not really. I just scribble them in a notebook then I made an interface that lets me fill in the blanks for each shot. Kinda time consuming.

hobbes28 said:
I use access to keep track. You can also look on the properties of the pictures. They usually have all of the info about the technical aspects of the picture.

Wow - I never knew that... But I just looked in the properties - and you are right - there they are!

Says width, height, resolution, bit depth (?), Frame count, Equipment, Camera model, Copyright, Creation software, Colour representation, Shutter speed, Aperture, Flash mode, Focal length, F-number, Exposure time, Iso speed, Mettering mode, Light source, Exposure program, Exposure compensation, and the date it was taken...

How cool - thanks for that info - (even though it wasnt directed at me)...

Thanks for the info everyone. But I'm still trying to find something I can use to log the info for the pictures I take with my film camera. Preferably something that has an empty template that I can print out copies of. Any suggestions?

George

Somone posted something a few weeks - possibly months back about this sort of thing - it is one they made. I can't remember who posted, or their name... But I think I have it saved on my computer somewhere. Email me on [email protected] if you can't find the thread and I will see if I can find it.

- alecia

Most reactions

Back