Photography since 9/11 *moved*

This might be useful to you.

Laws vary from country to country, of course.

And this site might also be worth some studying. Be warned: it may be somewhat political in nature; I've not done a lot of in-depth reading there, but it appears to be sympathetic to the cause of public picture-taking.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum, Joe. :)

Addendum: I shoot my kids in public all the time. I tell other people I'm a serious hobbyist, and understand the issues, and would be glad to honor their request. HOWEVER, if the other parent is still being a d!c&, ask them to call the cops, or offer to do so yourself. It's a public space.

The ONE place I did end up getting permission is a cemetary. It was actually a Veteran's cemetery. I signed a waiver, and promised not to show the names of the deceased, not to do any damage, and not to use the material in a negative light. That last part is somewhat open to interpretation, but my goal was to use it in a patriotic way anyway, so I had no problem signing the consent form.

Iron Flatline said:
Finally, I keep a funny hat in my car. It's nice brown pork-pie hat, and when I put it on it is VERY hard to look threatening.

OK, now we need a shot of you wearing that hat. :D

Look, I just got back from the gym, I usally am more presentable.

7114-Flatlineinthemorning.jpg

Iron Flatline,

I just looked through that Photographer's Rights document. That is awesome. Thanks for shraing that. There is a lot of information there that I didn't know.

I didn't scroll down far enough. I see your settings. I would have never have thought of this shot. Awesome.

Glad you like it. Make sure you use a metal conveyor belt - the old rubber ones (like that one) bounce waaay too much.

Most reactions

Back