PhotoJournalism Business Assignment

Brinr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brinrphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The assignment was to indroduce the audience to a business of my choice. I like this bar and am friends with the owners. Some of the shots we were supposed to get were a sense of place interior, an exterior shot, shots of employees, owners, and story telling detail shots. Let me know what you think.

BrinReynolds 003 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 012 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 010 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 008 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 007 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 006 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 004 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 003 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

11_10_11 3rd St. Bar 001 by BrinR Photo, on Flickr

The images are all nice, but I would have to say that this is less photojournalism and more of a commercial/advertising shoot.

Sorry man, this would be a very weak photojournalism piece, it lacks a story and moments. That being said, I feel for most of your shots are taken at boring angles, composition on some of them are too loose. Your exposure and lighting is fine. Keep shooting!

The images are all nice, but I would have to say that this is less photojournalism and more of a commercial/advertising shoot.
I agree, these photos would be stronger as photojournalism if there were people in the bar itself enjoying themselves. I think these photos need more "life" in them.

I agree on the angles as well

What kinds of angles is everyone talking about, could I see some examples?

The shots of the Taps and booze is what I didn't like. Also my photoeditor never wants photos of people looking directly looking at the camera as if they are posing for the picture. I feel that these photos would work well for a brochure about the bar but not a story about it. Sorry. I feel to make this a stronger photojournalism story you need to capture the "atmosphere" of the bar itself.

Get some patrons in and capture them laughing with the bar people

1st photo was too much angle as you could barely make out the whole sign where the 3 is, and the one of the bartender pouring the drink- you cut the top of her head off. If those 2 would have been better as well as showing some customers enjoying themselves it would make a lot nicer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back