Photomatix/Plimus

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was about to order Photomatix, but found the HDR website redirects you to a reseller plimus.com for the order.

Before completing my order, I googled plimus.com and got barraged with a plethora of complaints of fraud.

Has anyone had any trouble with them?

Sadly I don't know anything of Photomatix or Plimus and any possible problems that they have. First do make sure that the Photomatix site does not list any other alternate ways to purchase the software from them, aside from Plimus.

Should the worst come out you could always consider Dynamic Photo HDR - I have used he single photo (false) HDR plugin and its worked very well in my limited experience hands.
Dynamic Photo HDR, high dynamic range imaging software with Anti-Ghosting

Sadly I don't know anything of Photomatix or Plimus and any possible problems that they have. First do make sure that the Photomatix site does not list any other alternate ways to purchase the software from them, aside from Plimus.

Should the worst come out you could always consider Dynamic Photo HDR - I have used he single photo (false) HDR plugin and its worked very well in my limited experience hands.
Dynamic Photo HDR, high dynamic range imaging software with Anti-Ghosting

Thanks. No, it does not appear to be a sham site. The photomatix site directs you right to plimus ... no other option. At first I thought the 15% discount link was a scam taking you to a fake site. As there are gazillions of satisfied photomatix users, I'm probably going to go with it anyway, but I put on the brakes when I saw this.

what was the exact nature of the fraud taking place? Were they taking orders and then not delivering/allowing download access? Check up on the method because it might be a lot of people complaining of something obvious or just a little different in how they deal with things (might be they don't have instead download access after payment is given or something alongthose lines)

I feel better ... I got this response to an e-mail to Photomatix ... I'm going to order it now ..

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your interest in Photomatix.

Ordering a Photomatix License through Plimus is definitely safe as they handle virtually all of our transactions, and have been doing so completely safely and fraud-free for several years now. They are known in the business as a very serious, legitimate company.

What did you search to find the complaints? I googled 'plimus.com' also and did not find complaints but this page was one of the results from the well-known McAfee:
https://www.mcafeesecure.com/RatingVerify?ref=www.plimus.com

Actually I hadn't heard that McAfee tests Plimus daily for security as mentioned on the above page but I find that very impressive!

If you let me know it's OK to have someone from Plimus contact you directly, I would be happy to forward your message to our account manager there asking them to address your concern with you personally.

Sincerely,

Ron
HDR Imaging for Photography
HDR photo software & plugin - Tone Mapping, Exposure Fusion & HDR Imaging for photography

so you ordered it..? because i find typing a couple of words in google very hard aswell..

Yep, I ordered it and my license key was sent immediately. Cost $84 after the 15% discount (coupon all over the web) . I have to wait to get home to d/l it onto my editing computer.

Most reactions

Back