Photos for C&C

TaraW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few of the pictures from the baby shoot that I did yesterday. I am not at all happy with the way they came out. The lighting was really rough and there wasnt any really bright room in the house. I positioned him in front of the brightest window that they had, but the colors are all off and Im not sure what I could have done to fix these up. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

DSC_1941.jpg

DSC_1914.jpg

DSC_1972.jpg

DSC_1974.jpg

DSC_1975.jpg

I tried this same thing with my friends boy. I dont really know anything about portrait photos but some people on here will give you good pointers. Did you use a tripod? They all look a little blurry but #2 i like. better then anything i got lol.

What was your ISO set at???

It looks like you used a flash and some areas of the photos are blown out.

I think I used the flash on like one picture. ISO was at 600 I think

You should have boosted your ISO! It is easier to fix noise then an it is to fix camera movement!

I have a few I didnt post here but the ISO was at 800 and they were so grainy that the were un-usable. So I didnt want to boost it anymore.

What a bumout! Thanks for the help

Manual exposure, 1/750 sec, f/1.8, ISO 1250, Compensation: -5/2

High shutter speed, wide aperture, high ISO? Try turning your shutter speed down to 1/200 or so, and lowering your ISO significantly.

You should have boosted your ISO! It is easier to fix noise then an it is to fix camera movement!

Confused as to why you would say boost iso when she was shooting so high already. I mean the baby isnt going to move that much so shouldnt she lower it?

UGH I didnt even notice that both my shutter speed and ISO were that high!!!! Man...super fail on my part. Thanks for pointing that out, Tyler!!

Confused as to why you would say boost iso when she was shooting so high already. I mean the baby isnt going to move that much so shouldnt she lower it?

Im assuming she said that because I thought my ISO was set at like 600. I must have screwed my settings up and not realized.

#2 is okay, the rest look really horrible (sorry). You need to take better control over the lighting if you want something that looks halfway decent. Even just a couple of desk lamps pointed in the right place would help a lot.

No, I know they are horrible. Its ok. Im clueless with lighting stuff I guess. Things I read said just use natural light and not overhead lights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back