sk8tography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did these today, critiques needed. :)
$IMG_0059.jpg$IMG_0054.jpg$IMG_0063.jpg

Last edited:
What exactly were you going for with these?

The first one honestly looks like you just dropped the camera onto its shutter button. Especially due to the very slanted horizon line and the satellite dish being cut off awkwardly, which don't have the look of being intentional here, and thus undermine any artsy mood you may have been aiming for. If you explain what feeling you were trying to evoke, etc., then we could probably give you lots of pointers of other ways to bring out that feeling.

The second one is just a not very exciting picture of grass. Not sure what to say about it. Even as just a photo of grass, the blurry blades in the foreground are very distracting. I think it would be much better to have the in-focus grass in the very front with nothing else in front of it.

Giving us a LOT more information about your goals and what led you to these photographs might allow much more useful comments. Also, regardless, I think you may benefit from setting down the camera temporarily and renting or buying some books on composition, lighting, and other such basics.

Welcome..
Not sure what type of editing but they all have significant vignetting or blurring of the edges, and appear washed out, under exposed. It looks like #2 you were trying for some depth of field but lost it due to vignetting. #1 like stated before horizon is off # 3 could be a nice; I would have tried just her face in focus .

Last edited:
What exactly were you going for with these?

The first one honestly looks like you just dropped the camera onto its shutter button. Especially due to the very slanted horizon line and the satellite dish being cut off awkwardly, which don't have the look of being intentional here, and thus undermine any artsy mood you may have been aiming for. If you explain what feeling you were trying to evoke, etc., then we could probably give you lots of pointers of other ways to bring out that feeling.

The second one is just a not very exciting picture of grass. Not sure what to say about it. Even as just a photo of grass, the blurry blades in the foreground are very distracting. I think it would be much better to have the in-focus grass in the very front with nothing else in front of it.

Giving us a LOT more information about your goals and what led you to these photographs might allow much more useful comments. Also, regardless, I think you may benefit from setting down the camera temporarily and renting or buying some books on composition, lighting, and other such basics.
Well for the first I was just aiming for a unique look at a view of someone laying down, Also, this was done on a hill so that's where the awkwardness is coming from. I do admit I have a problem with tilting the camera when not using a tripod and also I have trouble with making sure the background doesn't have anything that would take from a picture. I wanted it to look vintage/film. Same idea for the grass picture. My a-dep wasn't cooperating so manual focus was used. I'm just an amateur, I'm only 18 so my skills are still building. I am indeed reading and studying about lighting/comp and so on. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back