Photo's from a Senior Portrait shoot yesterday

Blake.Oney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The kid didn't bring all the stuff he wants for a full set so he wants to do at least one more, but here's a couple from the first one.

vgu6ow.jpg

2nimhi0.jpg

2nukv12.jpg

I really love your scenery and composition - the pictures are good...but the kid isnt bringing any personality to the shots...if there is anyhing you can do to loosen him up and get some more personality out of him, it would make the pics a million times better...

Also, the shirt doesnt quite work with the scenery...maybe different place that works better with the gun shirt...

yea, whatever he is interested in, bring it to the shoot. no personality, but thats more his fault than your's.

I don't think he is really comfortable with traditional poses and things like that. The next shoot he wants to get some of him playing his guitar and skateboarding, along with a couple other things he's interested in. I think I will be able to get shots that are more candid and have more personality then. These I believe he wanted more traditional type stuff for his aunt.

I would suggest moving him away from the backgrounds to provide some separation. As it is, he blends into the backgrounds.

+1,

I like your shots although agree you need some separation and I do like his shirt, its fun and funky. I can't wait to see some of his personality with his props on the next shoot.

Also, the shirt doesnt quite work with the scenery...maybe different place that works better with the gun shirt...

If these will be used in the yearbook, be sure that the shirt doesn't violate zero-tolerance, zero-thought rules.

Nice work.

I think of the three, I prefer the second one... However, I think there may be too much wall on the left side of the frame... And I am NOT a fan of the vignette...

My personal opinion... I was thinking of what the second would look like with a one to one crop... So I did a quick crop in gimp just to see...

2nimhi0.jpg

If these will be used in the yearbook, be sure that the shirt doesn't violate zero-tolerance, zero-thought rules.

Thats a great point. Up here in Canada, especially rural Alberta we don't have that too consider. Unless its blatant racism or offensive topic.

I think I would like to see that shot with either the entire door in the frame or more of the wall. I like the texture. But that shot with his smirk is my favorite of the bunch. Although his skin tone seems a bit off. As does the white in his shirt. Almost muddy compared to the skin tone in the others. Maybe something you did in PP.

I would change up the pose a bit the arms folded for all them isn't' good. When ever they have a shirt that bad don't be afraid to say lets try on with just the white shirt underneath or mention trying a different shirt. Just do it in a positive way. nice work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back