Photos from Washington DC

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I haven't been on in awhile, as I have been working pretty much non stop...gotta make that money, so I can buy important things like new camera stuff!

I did stop in DC for the first time in my life. I only spent a few hours there, but would love to go back and see some more.

I can still edit these, so let me know if you see anything good or bad that stands out.

All images shot with the D7200 and sigma 18-35mm 1.8 A lens.

Thank You

1. The Gates leading to the Arlington National Cemetery.
WDC.jpg

2. The exterior of the Arlington National Cemetery
WDC-17.jpg

3. I muted the colors on this one, seemed appropriate.
WDC-2.jpg

4. The view from the top of the ANC looking towards the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and US Capital Building.
WDC-8.jpg

5. This was taken from the bridge crossing over the Potomac River.
WDC-9.jpg

6. The back side of the Lincoln Memorial...and horse.
WDC-10.jpg

7. I tried an adjustment brush for the inside and was surprised I was able to see Lincoln sitting there, since the original is completely dark.
WDC-11.jpg

WDC-12.jpg

WDC-13.jpg

WDC-16.jpg

I like the shot of the mall from between the pillars. It is hard to add something new to often photographed subjects but you have succeeded.

^ Thank you.

I appreciate that because I thought about trying some different / new angles.

I can not offer any real technical help in the photo of the grave yard as I was not there. Typically, I would have stopped and meditated on the the fallen soldiers there. Upon meditative thought, I would have focused on how best to represent them. In my opinion, this is the money shot. Unfortunately it appears, without reverence for those served. In all reality, when one with a camera, should consider a mission to encapsulate a moment. The difference between a professional and enthusiast tend to stand out. If it were me, I would focus on that one photo and seek guidance on how to enhance it for maximum recognition into the subject you luckily seen.

^ I thought about what you said and tried to focus on how to best represent them and encapsulate a moment...

WDC-3.jpg

Just to nit pick a bit, it seems as though most of the shot are leaning, to some degree, to the left.

^ Could be, I do have one leg shorter than the other. :victorious:

Just trying to see if I got any with angles that have not been done a million times.

Washington-DC-2.jpg

Washington-DC.jpg

Most reactions

Back