Photos look washed out on my Mac

dbird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I upload photos to my new website my photos look extremely washed out. I've researched it and I still can't figure out if it is my Mac or Safari.

One website said I should go into Photoshop and adjust my proof colors to view them in Monitor Mode, but I feel that is very inconvenient. This means I would have to process images for my website, then process them again separately to print them. I'm so confused and need help.

When I upload photos to my new website my photos look extremely washed out. I've researched it and I still can't figure out if it is my Mac or Safari.

One website said I should go into Photoshop and adjust my proof colors to view them in Monitor Mode, but I feel that is very inconvenient. This means I would have to process images for my website, then process them again separately to print them. I'm so confused and need help.

Check the colour space you are using on your camera and in your monitor settings. If you are shooting in Adobe RGB it can look bad in an sRGB colour space (sRGB is Windows default colour space and the one used by browsers). If you are shooting in Adobe RGB on your camera you will have to process images separately for print and screen. The benefit of Adobe RGB is the wider gamut of colours.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll definitely try it because I really don't want to have to process separately for web and prints. Thanks.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll definitely try it because I really don't want to have to process separately for web and prints. Thanks.
Unfortunately, processing differently for web and prints is unavoidable.

Computer displays are back lit. Prints are fore lit.

Image size for web display is determined by the photo pixel dimensions, the resolution of the computer display they are being viewed on, and any automatic resizing done be the web site the photo is on. Few people calibrate their computer display so the rendering of colors is all over the map.

At least with a print, you can edit on a calibrated display, soft-proof and have more control over the final output, the print.

Prints require diferent sharpening than do electronically diosplayed images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back