Photos of falling snow

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well inspired by another thread I'm going to try and get some better shots of falling snow.

But how?! I've only so far tried during the day time and I always end up with fine white streaks. I didn't try turning the shutter speed down last time (ran out of time, and got cold). But apart from this, what else should I do? Is night time better/easier?

Now I really can't wait until it snows again!

You need a fast shutter to freeze them and not have streaks. Big snow flakes help a lot to.
For the night shot he used a flash to freeze them in the air.

I would like to do some snow flakes myself, but I am more concern about the camera getting wet when taking the shot. Do you or should you put it in a plastic bag (zip lock type).

Thanks

The camera won't get wet from snow, because snow is not wet, until it warms up :p

If it's snowing super heavy, you might want to cover it up with something, but light fluffy snowflakes can just be brushed off.

Just make sure there's no snow on it when you go back inside. It also helps to put the entire camera in a plastic bag and seal it up before you bring it back in, to preven any moisture inside from condensing on the lens and other parts.

"The camera won't get wet from snow, because snow is not wet, until it warms up :p"

Some how, I see that one coming.... :D

Actaully come to think of it that part is true. But how do you avoid snow sticking to the lense? I have a lense hood, does that helps??

I tried taking snow flakes using flash yesterday, but the few snow in the front gets very bright and the pictures didnt look good. But I didnt use a lense hood.

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back