Photos of the Cyprus Coast

GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbmwforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken while I was out on holiday in Cyprus with my IXUS 55.

P'shopped a touch to reduce the paleness in the rocks but otherwise not too much work.

Comments/criticism v welcome regarding composition and overall :)

AphroditeRock.jpg

BoatCyprus.jpg

Could use a tiny more pop, with contrast or saturation, otherwise these are cool shots. Nice place.

Cyprus?
Well, that is yet a place for us to maybe consider for a holiday, now that I am seeing your photos here! They look very - clear! Yes, some more "pop" could help, but they should not get overprocessed. They should best NOT look like picture postcards.

Good crisp shots...unfortunately not a cloud in the sky. Sometimes that's all you need to give it a little more dimension.

Lovely shots!! [I, too, would like to see a teeny bit of post-processing to make the colours pop some more, but agree you don't want to go 'overboard' and get that 'too processed' look]. I love all the detail you got in the rocks in that first shot.

Got any more shots? I love seeing pics from places I've never visited.

I think that processing it any more would not be worth it, they are great as is

love the first one really good composition make we wanna dive right in!

The first one reminds me of the level Zanzibar/Last Resort from the Halo video game series. I'm a nerd, wow.

Nice shots though. I like the colors as is, and any more saturation on either would kill them as far as I'm concerned. Great sharpness on #1.

Thank you for the kind comments everyone :)

Like yourselves, I was really surprised with the sharpness on the first. Goes to show P&S aren't all that bad! ;)

Good crisp shots...unfortunately not a cloud in the sky. Sometimes that's all you need to give it a little more dimension.

I know what you mean, unfortunately the high summer months are so hot that often there's hardly a cloud in the sky at all!

Could use a tiny more pop, with contrast or saturation, otherwise these are cool shots. Nice place.

These phots have actually had a little bit of work done already. They were taken literally at the worst time (middayish) and the sun really bleaches out the rocks and makes them look so pale.

Here are the originals so you can compare:

GeorgeHoliday792.jpg

- For this I added a little bit of red to bring out the 'warmth' of the rocks.
- Also increased the contrast to highlight the details.
- Photo straightened by one degree to get a flat horizon
- The sea and the sky could do some work.
- I think the photograph could have benefitted by being taken with a filter.

GeorgeHoliday744.jpg

- As you can see, I needed to do quite a bit of work to bring out the foreground rocks which look really pale.
- Also boosted the contrast a bit.
- I think the sea and sky now look a lot better than the original.

Got any more shots? I love seeing pics from places I've never visited.

I've got a couple more that I'm working on at the moment of a fisherman in the same area as the boat. Hopefully should get them up in a couple of days. :thumbup:

Great pics:thumbup:
The first one i know where you took it!..it's the road to Paphos and the place is called the rock of Aphrodite i belive;)

Most reactions

Back