Photos of your camera setup (Why not, it's on every other site)

This is my setup for macros in the field (bug hunting):

MFB_14.jpg

Here's my homemade Gimbal setup:

Improved_DIY_GImbal_5736.jpg

Improved_DIY_Gimbal_0008.jpg

The shots above show them with my 40D, but it's the same on my 7D or 5DMKII.

Here's a few of mine:
supermacro
5451068014_b2b7db9ab6_z.jpg

Though I've actually changed those arms to two Kaiser bounce shoes under each one of the heads now

Far away stuff
IMG_0548.jpg

ok I wouldn't normally have the 1.4TC and 2*TC attached at the same time -but it makes it longer and longer things are better things so I'm told

6214219266_89d2ae2e02_z.jpg

My Jiffy Kodak

309636_2328215639456_1071635590_2515846_1237054439_n.jpg

It stays loaded with 620 film and ready to shoot hipster style pics at any time. No photochopping required.

252182_1870682041402_1071635590_2055327_2595374_n.jpg

Can someone please explain to me the point in having more than one body, and more than one flash? It may be obvious to you, but I'm still new to photography.

We have more than one body for a few reasons. Firstly, one body can break. If it happens when you are shooting something important, a second body can be a life saver. And in some cases, we may need to switch lenses, but don't actually have the time to take one lens off, put it away and then put a second lens on. Like shooting sports. So if you put the two lenses on two different bodies, then you only need to let go of one camera and pick up the other (with the cameras on neck straps, of course!)

And we have several flashes so we can use multiple light set ups.

Tiberius47 said:
We have more than one body for a few reasons. Firstly, one body can break. If it happens when you are shooting something important, a second body can be a life saver. And in some cases, we may need to switch lenses, but don't actually have the time to take one lens off, put it away and then put a second lens on. Like shooting sports. So if you put the two lenses on two different bodies, then you only need to let go of one camera and pick up the other (with the cameras on neck straps, of course!)

And we have several flashes so we can use multiple light set ups.

Thank you :)

Can someone please explain to me the point in having more than one body, and more than one flash? It may be obvious to you, but I'm still new to photography.

I shoot concerts.
I sometimes use two bodies and I'm only allowed a few songs to get all my shots in and changing lenses takes up valuable time. When the moment changes and you can miss it if you blink, having two bodies is a great bonus

Most reactions

Back