Photos~

raiSMASH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
raismash.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!! I'm new to this forum and sorta new to photography in that I've never taken any courses and I only use a simple Canon Powershot. I know nothing of lenses or any techinical-ness of taking pictures. I've been taking pictures for quite some time, but just the point->shoot! kind. Here's some stuff I'm pleased with though. I can't wait to someday be able to get a nice quality camera to start truly taking photos. ^o^

I would realllly appreciate critique and advice on taking better pictures!! =D

rainy_sunset_iii_by_raismash-d3itwb5.jpg

I really like to take profile shots while playing with angles and lighting. Any advice on doing this better?

luck_in_da_window_by_raismash-d3d5prq.jpg

Also love taking photos with the sunset as the lighting. =o

kemir_in_the_sunset_ii_by_raismash-d3ah11l.jpg

above_the_rest_by_raismash-d347wiv.jpg

A profile shot, again.

pansy_by_raismash-d33lcxn.jpg

I just adore this picture and I'm quite proud of it. I love how the leaves reflect on the water and create a rainbow!! =D It was taken out on a rock in the river. haha~

riverbank_by_raismash-d321wml.jpg

Just a cool shot of a Sphinx Moth at a Night Bloomer one evening. I was shocked at the detail my camera got. Especially with them zooming around so fast. =oo

sphinx_moth_by_raismash-d321ve6.jpg

Tree in the yard. Random, idk. xD

willow_tree_by_raismash-d3223xp.jpg

This is a self-portrait of me from many years ago. It was taken with a really simple click and shoot 25 dollar camera but for some reason, I just really really like it. I hope you do too!!

rai_ii_by_raismash-d32252f.jpg

Alright, I guess that's it. I hope you like them and I hope you have some good advice for me!!!!

Hi Rai and welcome to the forum! I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your photos (from one Datura/Moonflower grower to another). :thumbup: I see that you enjoy nature as much as I do.

I do not classify myself as a professional photographer but I do post a lot of my photos to friends and family on Facebook. I have been asked the question, "What kind of camera do you use" so many times that I added an article to my website and send people to the link. Sometimes people will post photos and ask me what I think and honestly they are friends so I have to lie and say, "Good one!" :mrgreen:

Many of the point and shoot photos I see are out of focus but most of all lack total creativity. I normally don't critique photos, mainly because I haven't figured out how to get my point across, but I think you have a creative eye. I hope you are able to get a better camera one day so you can see for yourself all the new options you will have at your fingertips.

Keep up the good work and again, welcome!
Jess

Thank you so much, Jess!!!! I do love nature~ There's just so many things in 'nature'-- it's so vast and beautiful. I could travel the world and take pictures of everything I see. But unfortunately that requires funds. haha~ One day, one day. Thank you for commenting!!

My only issues are: 1, The window mullion in the second cat pix is highly distracting. If kitty is that intent on what's going on outside, you should have been able to slide him/her down the windowsill and taken that element out of the frame.

2. The tree trunk really doesn't do much for me. Too contrasty, and to me has no subject.

3. The last one, the self portrait: It really bothers me not being able to see your left eye.

That's all the burs I can find under my saddle. Otherwise, I think you've got some real keepers and you should do well with the 'eye' you have.

Ahaha, Pansy wouldn't have let me move her. I had to quick take some shots before she gave me the what-are-you-doing glare. =) And also, it's a bay window so it'd be hard to get the wood not in it-- at least from a side shot. Anywho, excuses aside, thank you for the critque!! I really appreciate it. =)

#3 is frickin' brilliant...it has a certain feel to it that I really enjoy...see? point-and-shoots do the same thing any other camera will do...NOTHING...not until you press the shutter-button...I love the rim lighting of the setting sun...and the composition is nice with the horse looking towards the sun and the cloud lined in the same direction above its head...sweet...thank you for sharing this...Just for future reference...please number your images in the thread...easier to reference...

Ah, yes. After looking at other people's work I will definitely remember to number next time!!
And thank you for looking! I really, really appreciate it. =)

But seriously...I don't want to seem like a girly-man or nothing (though be it I may) but that number 3 photo of the horse got me emotional...thank you sooooo much for taking and sharing this...

I love the photo of the horse as well! Great job!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What model PowerShot do you have? I just go a PS this week.

I consider myself an amateur, so feel free to take my comments with a grain of salt...

In future posts, you will want to number your shots, it makes it easier to respond individual shots. #1: You were going for a silhouette, right? They can be kind of tricky, and this one seems like it's a tad too dark.
#2: A bit saturated - it's up to personal preference, though.
#3: I love this shot!!! It's gorgeous. Quarter Horse? I take a lot of those types of shots with my horse, too.
#4: The colors are nice and everything, but I would have either been more in front the cat, so you could see his expression, or show his view out the window.
#5: I like it.
#6: I'd crop so there's only a small amount of green, and if you're shooting in with manual settings, dial the flash compensation down just a hair so the flower has a little more definition.
#7: For some reason I just can't get excited about the tree... just something about it.
#8: I like the self portrait!

Most reactions

Back