Photoshoot of Daughter

dostagamom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are several pictures that I took today with my daughter. Please tell me what I can do to improve.
BaileeatCrescentE_edited-1.jpg

BaileeatCrescentB_edited-1.jpg

BaileeatBridgeB_edited-1.jpg

She's a very cute little girl! :D I love #2.

I love her eyes in #1 but #2 is the winner here.

#3, she's cute but the creek thing is distracting.

First of all, wonderful photos! However, a few things I would like to point out:

#1, This is a bit underexposed. You can check this by looking at the Levels histogram in photoshop, and adjust accordingly. Also, the fence is a little crooked. I would straighten so that the fence posts line up vertically. Depth of field is great. Neat pose and perspective on this one IMO.

#2, Beautiful color. Very sweet smile. But in this one, the pillar is a little crooked as well. I would straighten this one also. You might also want to dodge the eyes just a bit to bring out the brown color. Same with #1.

#3, The B&W conversion is awesome! Contrast is great for black and white. But there is too much space above the head. This one might benefit from a tighter crop, in which you can take out some more of the area on the top, right, and left, so that the viewer focuses more on the subject. Just my opinion.

These are just things I notice and pick up from other examples by looking at previous posts. I dont claim to be an expert. ;-)

The vignette works well in all of them. Very lovely subject!

Nice job! :thumbup:

NJ

I agree with NJMAN, but nice shots overall. Keep an eye on your exposure to make sure you get some light into that little cuties dark eyes. IMO I would crop #2 a little to just under the elbow. I edited #1. It seems to go with the iron fence for me.
Nice work keep them coming.

BaileeatCrescentE_edited2.jpg

Thank you so much NJMAN for the advice and kind words. I really appreciate the insight. It gives me ideas on what to look for.

Thank you Heip for your advice. I love that edit. It looks great.

I agree with NJMAN, but nice shots overall. Keep an eye on your exposure to make sure you get some light into that little cuties dark eyes. IMO I would crop #2 a little to just under the elbow. I edited #1. It seems to go with the iron fence for me.
Nice work keep them coming.

Nice work (editing), how did you make the glare effect? That effect made the little cutie more cute and devine. Looking like a fairy :)

Nice shots Andrea. I liked the first 2.

Nothing much to add to Njmans post except #2 looks a tiny bit off focus. Maybe the AF picked up the pillar & not the eyes? Also maybe try a 1:1 crop on #3 (i.e same width as height)

Nice shots there and certainly worthy of putting in the family album. :thumbup:

Thank you mmfi for your comments. I appreciate them!

Thank you Jakee...very nice of you to say.

Thank you PlasticSpanner...your comments are appreciated!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back