Photoshoot with a Model from Modell Mayhem

cardinals1970

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 6 shots from a shoot I had with a model from Model Mayhem on Wednesday. C&C is very welcome so let the ripping begin :D

Jenn6of75.jpg

Jenn31of75.jpg

Jenn41of75.jpg

Jenn61of75.jpg

Jenn66of75.jpg

Jenn20of75.jpg

Last edited:
Well I didn' think they were that bad, oh well I'll keep trying :)

I wouldn't assume the lack of responses mean your photos aren't good. I'd say it's quite opposite! No one chewed up with critique. :)

My opinion, for what it's worth -I think the lightning needs some work. Some photos are not well lit in areas; #5 seems she has too much lighting directly on her face.

I really like the poses in #1 & #5.

Last edited:
Some of your poses are really good. I think there can be improvements on lighting though. The lighting looks kind of dull. I cant put my finger on it but its like something is missing from a great recipe.

I agree w/ the other posters.....lighting needs some help. THe shots look kinda underexposed. maybe crank up the ISO and use an SB speedflash. If you did use the Speedflash, did you use spot metering - metering on their skin? I would also soften her skin tone by using a lower f stop maybe.

All underexposed. You something to light the subject so it stands out from the background

You had your EC set at -1 for all of your shots. I'd venture to guess that's why they're all underexposed.

You had your EC set at -1 for all of your shots. I'd venture to guess that's why they're all underexposed.
Oh man I think we have another victim of forgetting the exposure comp.

I think what happened is with my nerves from doing a shoot like this that I forgot to check where my EC was set at. I will have to make sure to double check that on the next go round. I also may have underexposed some in post thinking they wwere overexposed so lesson learned. Now on the model to answer some of the other comments, the only other shoot she had done was her senior pics for school but she pulled off all the poses on her own with out any direction from me. She is only 19 and Brazilian and was a lot of fun to work with.

I love #5 :) It has a bit more contrast and color. On top of that, I'm a sucker for bright primary colors.

1st image: I would have stayed away from the blotchy light, it lit up the leg and part of the face.
Not sure if you could have pulled her away from the background a little to avoid the shadow behind her.
2nd: Hard to imagine this dress out in the grass, may have worked where you were on the 1st shot a bit better.
3rd: Tones are cool, just watch your cropping at joints. Makes em look like they are amputated. Looks like flash was from the camera move it off camera to get that catchlight at 10 or 2 o'clock if possible. That or light her up with a reflector, most of these models bring a friend put them to work.:D
4th: If you don't have the lens to throw the background out of focus to bring attention to the subject,
move her away from there. Look at the gear you got and the settings used and think of what you could
have done to throw the background out of focus.
5th: I like the shot.
6th: Since the post is white , try a black border around the image to bring it out.
The exposure compensation thing should not be an issue if you shot in RAW, just move the slider over
believe it gives you a 2 stop adjustment to start with.
-
Cool shots, thanks for sharing and shoot well, Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back