Photoshop and Printing Images HELP Please

Printing is one of the cornerstones of our trade; do you not feel that you're putting the cart rather far in front of the horse taking on paying clients and not being able to provide the most basic services? That said, the process couldn't be more simple: Crop to the desired print size, save as highest quality/resolution .jpg and e-mail/ftp to your lab for printing.

A "cornerstone" is only as strong as the market permits. I can certainly understand why some photographers wouldn't mind cutting this service.

When you say clients that implies a paid photo session; so if you're starting to accept clients that seems to be going into business. I usually print my own (but I do art prints not portrait sessions) but even if you're not charging starting out, it would probably be a good idea to start looking into business resources so you can meet clients' needs. There may be people who would want prints to have framed to hang up in their home so it's probably necessary to be prepared for that.

There are business resources for photographers on American Society of Media Photographers or you could look up PPA.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back