Photoshop Challenge! (#1)

Okay, first off, I burned it in some areas, then I converted solely to the blue channel, creating a darker shade for the truck.
Then, I pasted an orange(ish) layer on top of the image, blending it in the "color" mode and craking down the Fill Opacity to about 40%, giving it that sepia tone, then merging the layers.
Then I copied it and pasted it onto itself, so that I could manipulate the top layer, which I did. I gaussian blurred it, then going to the layer blending again and turning the Fill Opacity down to 40% again, giving it the diffused effect. Then I adjusted the brightness/contrast of the top (blurred) layer for a little extra snap.
Then I framed it.

CRW_1745.jpg

Well while I was uploading my pics I see someone else already loaded a pic up. Ah well here's mine anyway for people to fix up.

I was actually in the middle of doing this when I saw this thread and I thought this pic could help a few people practise cloning etc. I remember how freaked out about cloning I was when I first started PSing - mainly coz I was so bad at it.

I planned on getting rid of the couple of the right side and also the building on the horizon and maybe one or two of the 'live' trees. And I don't know what to do about the fact that this cemetary was on a hill. It looks a little strange in this crop because the horizon is slanty - but in the original pic it looked like it was just on a hill. I'll post the original photo up in a minute.

Here's a preview-Jpeg
Small---WarMemItaly.jpg

You can download a larger jpeg here (174KB) (sorry no RAW) http://www.ribbons.org.au/temppics/WarMemItaly.jpg

And here's the original photo before I cropped it (262KB)
http://www.ribbons.org.au/temppics/PICT2829.JPG
Have fun!
Vicky

Great job everyone...it's interesting to see what you all come up with!!! I think my fav is Kent's right now :) I may have to try later..

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oooo boy, I am really going to enjoy this thread :cheer:

Good picture Canon Fan. A very generous offering I might add. Your conversion is very good. In fact all the post processing looks great. Appreciate the narrative of your process Kent. :thumbup:

My pathetic attempt...I just wanted to try and go for something different with it, sort of a charcoal drawing/old lookin photo effect. I'm gonna continue playing with it though, but here's what I've come up with so far, oh and thanks for posting a pic Canon Fan, it was a great one to start with :)

Truck-edit.jpg

boredom prevails
photmod20050315.jpg

edit: whoops. i didn't realize that we were not only photoshopping these puppies, but that we were supposed to make them look better. My bad :p

Just got PS Elements last night, so had no clue what I was doing, but this seemed as good a place to start as any. What did I do? Not sure really, but warming filter, lots of saturation, lots of colour removal, slight crop, a very amateurish attempt to burn in some of the clouds that I couldn't undo. Anyway it was fun, even if it looks like a dogs breakfast. But how bad is the Help menu in PS??? I'm left with loads of questions which I may post elsewhere later.

3433%3B92323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2345%3D32%3C%3D866%3DXROQDF%3E2323794%3B9%3B97%3Bot1lsi

Oh my, simnine, only now am I realising where that car that you "parked" in front of the cemetary comes from
g070.gif
! What a brilliant idea to make this photo more interesting!!!

(Hey, I am deeply impressed with all your 'interpretations' of that photo, wish I still had PS running and the knowledge of how to use it).

I'm surprised nobody went for the easiest edit! Simple "fine-tuning".

Original:
truck1745rawWEB.jpg

Edit:
CRW_1745-jadin.jpg

- added contrast
- added saturation
- dodged the highlights a smidge
- resized and unsharp masked (i must've been the only one to get the full sized image! :))

OMG! I almost fell off my chair when I saw simnine's rendition! Good idea!

BTW: For anyone interested I do have the originall actuall RAW file in .crw format I just didn't know how many people could use it so I posted a full size .jpg

If you want the .crw to mess with let me know and I'll post it. The file is about 6mb - much smaller in file size than the .jpg :mrgreen:

PS Jadin- I like the way you think! That is close to what I had orginally done with this one :wink:

hmmm i'll give the truck a go even though nearly everything has already been done to it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back