Photoshop CS5?

The squirrel shot is impressive... I thought for a second the examples Adobe gave were rigged somehow, even if just by being selected to suit the algorithms. Maybe not...

The squirrel shot is impressive... I thought for a second the examples Adobe gave were rigged somehow, even if just by being selected to suit the algorithms. Maybe not...

Nope, It's like f'n magic.. I didn't believe it at first either. Like they said, it's not perfect and you still might need to do some minor touching up but it's a HUGE time saver and lets beginners edit pictures in ways only super-experienced photoshop users could do before.

I know its so amazing :) but I find that it does not work in a good amount of situations

anyone used it yet? if so what are your thoughts?

I've been using it most of the day today. The content aware fill works pretty good, providing the object is against a pattern or grass. In other cases you have to do some touchups but good results can still be had. The spot removal tool also has content aware available to use. I can be pretty helpful on those touchups.

For masking (chroma key masking) it's not perfect, but it will speed up your work very very quickly if your doing it without greenscreen wizard or some other plugin/program. I'm fairly impressed by it. It even gets the whispy hair pretty good.

The puppet warp is fun to play with. Masking out your puppet first is the way you want/need to do it.

The HDR merge is much much better than before. You have far more control over your image. Also you can do a sudo HDR (single photo) that's has decent results.

The "Patch Match", that can be found in a few video demos, isn't present. I guess they were just showing the future possibilities with the content aware technology.

It has a lens correction that uses the meta data to know the lens you used and it seems to correct pretty good from my experiments. It can be pretty beneficial if you ever try a panorama with building or something close by in the foreground and you are shooting at something like 10mm or 18mm or whatever.

Mini-Bridge is useful if you don't want to go back and forth between the two programs to open up pictures. Bridge will be open simultaneously when using it though. Not a big deal.

Bridges new noise reduction is better then before and you can also add noise now too. Doesn't seem to much else new in bridge, that i've noticed anyway.

Overall, I'm enjoying using it. To me it seems worth the upgrade. There are a few things that appear to be missing though. The color print management seems to be gone. This may be an issue for some people. I don't print from PS, so it's not an issue for me. And a few other things, but nothing major.

Last edited:
Hi, I gone through the above url. Its really good. Thanks for sharing dude...

I just pre-ordered my CS4 upgrade to CS5 on Amazon. I think it comes out May 20-something.

Haha just got the master collection yesterday...
yes its very good, but I still prefer Lightroom 2.7 for photo editing. The Content Awareness is just amazing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back