Photoshop Help!!!

tanya7x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture that I really like but I didn't notice at the time of taking it that there was a dead stem or something hanging off of the flower. Now I was wondering if any of you guys were good enough at photoshop to help me get it out of there. I'm horrible at photoshop but I am working on getting better, just haven't gotten there yet!! Thanks :)

FlowerEdit by tanya7x, on Flickr

Use the clone tool and work slowly. You wont get better if you don't practice. :)

Yeah, just use the clone tool and go for it... The best way to learn is to just do it!! :)

These can be tedious jobs, but here's a 3 minute effort.

9138615477_76b97fbf86_o_zpsd1de6f59.jpg

Thank you guys!! When I do try, I don't know if its just because I am the one doing it or what but I feel like it stands out as obvious way too much! But I will keep trying :) Rotanimod, that is an awesome 3 minute effort! I don't think I could do that good with a 30 minute effort lol

When using the clone tool on a long, continuous line like that, it's best to break it into "chunks", right off the bat. Segment the line into three or four or five segments, right at the very start of the repair process. That's a tip I picked up a long time ago, and recently saw repeated on a Creativelive.com episode on image editing and compositing. Works for me.

:) Rotanimod, that is an awesome 3 minute effort! I don't think I could do that good with a 30 minute effort lol

Rotanimod is a rock star.... :headbang:

First it would have been better to just remove it before taking the photo.

I would try the healing brush with content aware selected first. That is an easy way to get you about 80-90% there and then use the clone tool to take you the rest of the way.

Most reactions

Back