Photoshop...is that my only choice?

I mainly use PaintShopPro X2 and ACDSee Pro. PSP is a great editing program, and much easier to learn that Photoshop CS3 (I have both, so I'm not guessing). ACDSee is good for basic editing, and I use it for almost all of my levels and highlight/shadow work.

I've had CS3 ever since it came out, or shortly after, and I've yet to figure out how to do much of anything on it. I really need to get my butt in gear and start looking at some tutorials.

Why don't you use FREEWARE photo editors to gain some experience with the concepts of photo editing? And get some real editing done within your means at the same time. In doing so you'll find out what you want in an editor, what you like and dislike. Then you'll know what to look for when you're ready to sink some real money into it.

Here's a listing of most of the important photo editing apps. The FREE editors are on the right.

And another FREE editing solution is online: Photoshop Express.

I own the disc to paint shop pro 7. Its old and very outdated, but usable.

I found a website (I'll dig it up for you) where you can do a 30 day trial on different programs, and then (if you want) purchase it via internet.

My 30 day trial on Paint Shop pro 9 was up today, and I had an option to extend my trial, so I did. They don't ask for a credit card in advance, so your not getting jipped. But I'm honestly not sure if the website is legal, :blushing:.

Anyways, heres the site. You could at least do a trial of a few different programs and see which you like best and which are the most cost effective.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796555406

Most reactions

Back