What's new

Photoshop magic on landscapes C&C

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
174
Reaction score
27
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!

I took the photo below in my home country - Slovenia. It was a very dull time of the day when the shot was taken (pretty much noon) so I decided to see whether I have enough post-processing skills to make this boring, flat panorama work.
I don't normally do HDR, but this time I tried to do a tasteful HDR conversion from single RAW file and did further post-processing in Lightroom.

You are now judges to tell me whether I made it... Please C&C! =)




EDIT: Here's the original:
 
Last edited:
I love it! Especially the clouds. You did a good job, but I am no expert, just my own opinion and taste:)
 
Nice landscape, colours are a little boring, but that's not on you. I would be curious to know what you mean when you said you did a tasteful HDR conversion from single RAW file. Is this just a tone-mapped image, or did you do something else? Thanks.
_______________
WesternGuy
 
Could you post the original for comparison?
 
What I meant was, that it wasn't my goal to get a typical HDR look (with really bumped up contrast and saturation and "fairy" look). I wanted to do tonemapping without someone noticing the unreal look of the image.
I added now the "before shot" in the first post.
 
What I meant was, that it wasn't my goal to get a typical HDR look (with really bumped up contrast and saturation and "fairy" look). I wanted to do tonemapping without someone noticing the unreal look of the image.
I added now the "before shot" in the first post.

Typical; yeh I know exactly what you mean haha. I would revert the wb/kelvin to a cooler color; reason being the green patches mix with the orange imho.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom