Photoshop/printing help

blind1587

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have photoshop cs5 extended. I am trying to print a picture, but for some reason the people in the photo have a red tint to them. The picture looks fine on the computer monitor. Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

Is your monitor calibrated?

I have photoshop cs5 extended. I am trying to print a picture, but for some reason the people in the photo have a red tint to them. The picture looks fine on the computer monitor. Does anyone have any idea what this may be?
If you are doing the printing at home, the printer also needs to be calibrated.

Further, the printer needs to be profiled (ICC) for the specific paper you are using. That printer ICC profile is then used in CS 5 to soft-proof the image before it is printed.
To calibrate both the printer and the computer display you need a spectrophotometer, like the ColorMunki Photo - Monitor, Printer & Projector Profiler

If an outside lab is making the print, you should be able to download their printer ICC profile. In that case you would only need a colorimeter to calibrate your computer display: X-Rite Eye-One Display LT

Personally I use the Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter because it can detect the ambient light that falls on the display I use for image editing.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks. I calibrated the monitor and it seems to printing fine now. How do you go about calibrating the printer?

You get a spectrophotometer like the ColorMunki I linked to above, and follow the directions that come with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back