Ballyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanymajka.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys...

I'm slowly but surely learning Photoshop...its A LOT more difficult than I ever expected. But I am working on a project right now and I can't figure out how to make this work!

I need to create black borders around 2 separate images, then bring them into Photoshop and put them side by side as ONE image...and I can't figure out how to do this! Ah! Please help!

Thanks!

You can do that all within photoshop. Hard to explain (for me at least)

Thanks! =)

I know I can do it in PS...I just can't figure out how to get both images next to each other. I have the borders on each image already, I just can't get them on the same canvas and make them ONE image. GRRRR!

In my ps elements 7 all I have to do is open the 2 photos then create a new page for the background. Keep the background page up on your screen. Then my screen will show all open files on the bottom of the screen and then I just drag the photo onto the background. Then u can free transform it anywhere on the page then u do the same with the other pic. Don't copy and past the pic cause that will cause he entire pic to just overlay the entire background. Just right click the pic u want and drag it on the background.

Alright. easy peasy. For the border, hit ctrl+A or select all. then go to (edit), then (stroke). you can define the amount of pixels and color in the pop up screen. If you already have the image open and you want to put the same size image next to it..go to (image) then (canvas size). in the pop up menu, double the amount for the width (whatever it is) and then anchor a point. so if you want your new image to go to the left of the original image, click the right arrow. after that, just drag your new image into the original and line it up side by side.

hope that helped

Hey guys...

I'm slowly but surely learning Photoshop...its A LOT more difficult than I ever expected. But I am working on a project right now and I can't figure out how to make this work!

I need to create black borders around 2 separate images, then bring them into Photoshop and put them side by side as ONE image...and I can't figure out how to do this! Ah! Please help!

Thanks!
Do you have Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS(x)?

In CS once you have both images done you click File > New.

When the dialog box opens you tell it the size of both smaller images side by side. For the background option select 'Transparent', and make the resolution and bit depth the same as the other 2 images.

At the top of the CS4/5 work space is a feature (Arrange Documents) so you can open all 3 windows at the same time.

Then you are going to select the Move Tool (its at the very top of the tool pallet).

Click in the window of your first small image and move it to the transparent background. Don't worry about getting it all lined up yet, just get it moved. Do the same with the second small image.

Close the 2 small image windows so only the bigger transparent image with the 2 smaller images is visible. Notice that each small image is on a layer. Select the layer for the one you want to move first and using the move tool get it close to it's final position. Zoom into one of the two outside corners of the big image. You can use the arrow keys to move the smaller image 1 pixel at a time to make the final postion.

Do the same with the second small image.

Last edited:
double click the layer its on (to the right of the layer name) and when the layer effects dialog box pops up, just add a stroke.

Once you have both images in a PS file, they are one image. Maybe you mean you want to flatten the image once you have everything the way you want. That combines all layers into one layer. You can also do a Save As and save it as a JPG to make everything one image.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back