Photoshop try, CC please!

Ziggyt2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I apologize if I am not to have Photoshop works on here! But wanted to see if these pictures looked better or worse and why you think. I am extremely new to being more serious about photography and just recently purchased a D5100 as well as CS5 and Lightroom. Let me know what you think and thank you in advance, good or bad, I just would like to know!

These are both from point and shoots before. First is my Sony TX1 I think and the 2nd is a friends Olympus Tough camera.

Before
DSC05566.jpg
[/IMG]

After:
DSC0556611.jpg
[/IMG]

Before:
Vegas243.jpg
[/IMG]

After:
Vegas24311.jpg
[/IMG]

There is a limited amount that can be done to the first because the faces are so underexposed.
I don't think I could improve the second. Sorry.

If you are new to Photoshop, this may be beyond your current abilities but, if you like, I can tell you the steps I did.

Lew

dsc05566llllllllll.jpg

Hi Ziggy.

Looks like you had fun on your cruise. My wife and I have been on quite a few.

here is a very quick render of how I would have edited both images:

Horizon straightened.. cropped away the distraction on the right side, brought a little more light to the face and corrected WB as in Travelers edit. Didn't spend much time on that but he was on the right track with the skin colors.

1-1.jpg

Image is noisy and lacked a lot of color info. Not a lot to do with it. I reduced the noise, cropped closer and added vignette specifically to reduce distractions.

2-2.jpg

Last edited:
6790982540_662ef5d458_z.jpg

6790982550_8c54db9892_z.jpg

Here is my edit on the two images, I did not want to crop so I just extended the image when I rotated Image 1 and on the second image, i just selected areas and pasted them to cover the person on the right.

When doing Photoshop, treat it as a way to finish images not as a way to try to salvage a bad image.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. And chuasam, that definately makes sense. These were just a couple photos I pulled out of our folders to see if I could make them any better, sort of like a couple challenge pictures. I am extremely excited to keep learning about this stuff and getting better. Hopefully I can post some better pictures soon enough. Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back