Photoshopitis C&C please

AnotherNewGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this in the pro gallery and haven't got any comments. Please let me know what you think. I do believe in letting a picture speak for itself, but I also think there is a place for these types of edits.

Some of the few customers I have has seem to love these pictures. I have been playing with different artistic effects. Let me know what you think. Obviously, they are an acquired taste. Over photoshopping is a disease, and I think I have caught it. #4 is rough...I know.
TimeLove.jpg

Graffiti.jpg

LoveBW.jpg

Praposal.jpg

Yourname-1.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm just not a fan at all. In all of them, I find the people getting totally lost in the distraction of the heavy-handed editing. Even three and four suffer from distracting backgrounds in that the blur is completely unnatural and I find myself looking at and thinking about that instead of the sweet couple.

There's so much post-processing done, I can't really even comment on the PHOTOGRAPHS themselves. There is a line between graphic design and photography. These images cross that line and are completely in the graphic design camp.

There is nothing wrong with graphic design. In many instances, it pays a heck of a lot better than photography does! It's truly an art in its own right. I just don't know that they'll be well received on a photography forum.

I dig, and I have posted the photos from most of these before, I wasn't really looking for criticism on the pictures. As you said, it is too hard to do. Just wondering how people felt about them.

However the clients did like them a lot, excluding the second one. That is me.

I appreciate your input tho, and I think it will be the popular one.

Its cute but other then numbers 3 and 4 there's just TOO MUCH going on.
General rule of thumb to keep in mind is that most people won't have computer screens hanging on their walls thus if you can print it and it looks good in something like 16x20 print on the wall, then it is probably good enough. Of course this rule is more of guideline that I was taught MANY years ago, rather then a rule but it works for me :)

Most reactions

Back