Bingo
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- May 4, 2009
- Messages
- 23
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Florida
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hullo Hullo to everyone. This looks like a really fantastic forum and I've already enjoyed reading through a number of threads here. I look forward to learning a great deal more, to be sure. I've been getting much more serious about my photography interests over the past year or so. Took a course at the local college, been reading a lot, practicing a lot etc.
So here's my current situation. I'm thinking I need to start dealing with filters. I've shopped around and I can't really quite tell what I should be looking at. The ones I've found all have horrible reviews and I can't find any that seem to be what I need.
An example picture is below. Many of my outdoor shots during the day here in Florida seem to have a serious yellow/sepia type tint to them. I'm shooting with a Rebel XT and either the standard kit lens or a Sigma 75-300mm. Usually in P mode rather than full auto.
I'll crank the exposure compensation down when outdoors in full sun. ISO as well. They still come out kind of flat and yellow looking.
Would filters in fact help this? If so, which? UV or Polarizng?
Regardless of use in this specific application, does anyone have any recommendations for a good starting set of quality filters for the Canon Rebel XT?
Thank you VERY much for having a resource like this available to us who are following along in your footsteps. It's honestly appreciated.
So here's my current situation. I'm thinking I need to start dealing with filters. I've shopped around and I can't really quite tell what I should be looking at. The ones I've found all have horrible reviews and I can't find any that seem to be what I need.
An example picture is below. Many of my outdoor shots during the day here in Florida seem to have a serious yellow/sepia type tint to them. I'm shooting with a Rebel XT and either the standard kit lens or a Sigma 75-300mm. Usually in P mode rather than full auto.
I'll crank the exposure compensation down when outdoors in full sun. ISO as well. They still come out kind of flat and yellow looking.
Would filters in fact help this? If so, which? UV or Polarizng?
Regardless of use in this specific application, does anyone have any recommendations for a good starting set of quality filters for the Canon Rebel XT?
Thank you VERY much for having a resource like this available to us who are following along in your footsteps. It's honestly appreciated.