picking flowers

Very cute shot of this gorgeous little girl. I love how her hair is being blown by the wind. I'm not crazy about the center crop but it's fine. I believe, I can see why you did it. The grass to her left is pretty and you probably wanted to keep it in the shot. Nice catch.

I gotta say, I spent the first minute or two trying to figure out if you did some selective coloring in the bottom right corner. lol I had to pick my laptop up and bring it close to my face to see it was your watermark. :greenpbl:

Very cute shot of this gorgeous little girl. I love how her hair is being blown by the wind. I'm not crazy about the center crop but it's fine. I believe, I can see why you did it. The grass to her left is pretty and you probably wanted to keep it in the shot. Nice catch.

I gotta say, I spent the first minute or two trying to figure out if you did some selective coloring in the bottom right corner. lol I had to pick my laptop up and bring it close to my face to see it was your watermark. :greenpbl:
LMAO I know that bugs me too! I need to make a b/w version but I am so busy editing all my 365 pics ;)

thank you for the sweet comments <3

For me, a healthy crop of the left side would improve this shot. The huge dark mass in the upper left corner is way too distracting.

The remainder is very nice.

Agree with Designer's comments. There is a natural diagonal formed by her looking at the lower right which crosses the flower she has and end at the lower right corner of the image. So that you keep. The sky above her and the dark on the left can be safely eliminated without changing the impact of the image. Also agree with Mishele regarding the blowing of the hair and grass to her left (our right).

All the white sky is my biggest issue with this otherwise pleasing capture.
A crop may help as well, but I think there are several ways to go with that.
Not all that bothered by it cropped as is (except for the sky).

Thank you. I composed the shot to avoid a building (my house) camera right. I tried editing in ps but I don't think it is seamless...any pointers??

As for the sky, it was a cloudy, drizzly, grey sky day ;)

day 65|365 : she picks flowers every day &lt;3 by paige_w, on Flickr

/\/\ okay yuck do not like! I can't get the grass right :/

Edit: I don't really want to crop it, I would rather it centered than to be really tightly framed.

Last edited:
I like the horizontals so I went this way to accentuate the flow:

So sorry - didn't see you "do not edit" My bad.

I reduce some of the white sky this way as well. I would have taken a bit more on the right, but I wanted to leave your watermark intact.

Paige, I like the crop. What don't you like about the grass?

I like the horizontals so I went this way to accentuate the flow:

p944625848-5.jpg

I reduce some of the white sky.

Thank you I do like that...what crop ratio did you use?

What is the two streaks in the upper left, and the streak across the girls head?

Don't worry about the grass... I'd keep the crop at the right where you had it in the first image, and move the crop on the left a bit closer to her elbow. If you keep the overall ratio, that would also cut off about half of the sky. The key elements is your daughter looking at the flower, set in the context of a field of grass, and with some wind blowing. The grass is not the "subject" so it's fine to keep only some of it sharp. You've got a lot of very good material there.

Most reactions

Back