Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Inspired by your confusion over pickups a little earlier, I though I'd take advantage of my newly completed light box (sadly already in need of some repair) to assist where such things need to be discussed. Study the following image carefully and read the notes below:

pickups0000.jpg

From the top running clockwise then:

A standard sized humbucker, in this case a Seymour Duncan Crazy 8

A Telecaster single coil for the neck position, here made by Kinman

A matching Telecaster single coil for the bridge position, again a Kinman

A single coil Stratocaster pickup, this being one I swapped out of my Fender Lonestar

Finally a mini-humbucker, this one being a Seymour Duncan Seymourised mini

I would have liked to show you a soapbar, but didn't have one conveniently lying around.

...and before anyone tells me that Kinman don't manufacture true single coils, I know...

This has been a public service announcement

Bwahahahahaaaa!!! Too funny! Love the title you chose for this thread! I'll have to try to come up with a limerick that uses 'humbucker'. If only I can find some words that rhyme with it...
thinking.gif

git.gif

Heyyy, I checked back to see if anyone had any more 'concrete' dating tips for me. And look, Hertz had some (more of the 'ceramic' type, unfortunately :er: ).

I don't mind older guys, but pre-Mesopotamian might be a bit much....

hrm... did you guys see Anty in action in her belly dancing photos? I'm pretty sure her technique needs no refining obscure double meaning or not ;)

Hey, what's happening here. I post an innocent message to help out a fellow poster and all of a sudden there's all this dubious innuendo going on around it. Can you people find sex in everything?

Oooo, a challenge! You 'up' for it?

(He really shouldn't have asked us that question, should he?)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back