Picnic in Korea

anderspj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2451293817_f414c4c0c4_b.jpg

Snapped this on a hike near a city called Pohang. CC?

I really like how the shot is mostly landscape and then you have this family that is subtly in the picture adding an isolation and peace to their outing.

wow, great shot. I really like this - Great balance, with the colors of the rocks, then the green of the trees on top - and then the family to break it up.

The focus is tack sharp and the exposure is perfect. What camera/lens?

Thanks Marcus. I did a bit of post processing in PSE, darkened highlights, boosted contrast. Nothing major, but it brought the detail out of the rocks and made the trees look a bit cleaner...tons of yellow dust from the Gobi desert blowing over the entire Korean peninsula at the moment makes for a lot of haze. Canon 40d with 24-70 f/2.8.

love it, it's gorgeous, elvis too!

Great composed shot. Green trees, silvery rocks and the almost still water.

The addition of group of people does not really have any effect on the picture overall, unless if they are much closer.

I really like the color of the rocks. All this needs is a giant statue of Kim Il Sung in the dead center.

Yea, that would make sense if it was North Korea, not South.

You're right. The title didn't say whether it was The Glorious Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea or the abominable imperialist-owned South...

...but on closer thought and inspection, no one has eaten all the bark off the trees, so it must be the South.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's S. Korea. The people were unplanned. I had composed my shot, and then the people wandered in as I was about to take it. I suspect the photo would fall flat, or at least be a tad genertic without them.

Most reactions

Back