Pics for my Portfolio-Bring on the Critiques!

JennysLens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday my cousin and I went out so I could practice some techniques, let me know what you think of the pics.

P2245008.jpg

P2244961.jpg

I like the way her green eyes pop in this picture, but I'm not sure about the coloring.

P2244914.jpg

P2244937.jpg

I like the attitude in this one, it fits her personality.

If you want to critique a few others go to: www.jennyslens.blogspot.com
I just started the blog today because I'm still trying to decide if I'm cut out for this whole photography thing, so your critque is very important. :)

Overall they are decent but for a portfolio to show potential clients Im not sure. The last one is really the only one that I would consider for a porfolio. It has a sense of emotin to it whereas I feel the others do not. That is just my opinion though. Keep on working though. You've got the idea, now just keep refining it.

It can be hard to have an untrained model look "natural" when they pose. Generally I like to have them relaxed, walking around some place with a nice background and snap pictures every once in a while (or when they least expect it).

Not that my opinion holds much water, but I think 1 and 4 are good. 1 there might be some highlights that are a bit extreme, but unless you are modifying the light source, it isn't easily changed. Hell, even when you have control it's still difficult. (what I'm trying now)

2 is alright. Nice eyes, but I think the light comes into play again. Almost looks shaddowed.

3. The opposite of 2, maybe too much bright. Causes eyes to squint. Also, the tight crop leads to a lot of the same colour. I guess I find that a bit overpowering?

Now if I can take my own advice and use it myself. . . .

Oohhh yeaa! One more thing. Something I read on here. A person responded to some other critisizm I was reading on a post a few months back and said: You have to sell your image on here to get better critisizm. He was talking about how the photo's were presented. I think on that post they were just a bunch of piled photo's, but I find if photos have a boarder, and also sized approximately the same, they look a lot more presentable. This helps with people's opinions overal and improves the picture in the end.

It can be hard to have an untrained model look "natural" when they pose.

Thats what I was thinking too, these just dont look very natural to me. I think the first and last are probably the best of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back