Pics from today, suggestions please?

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had some spare time today and decided to take a few pics. I'm not too pleased with how they turned out overall. I realize there are several here to comment on, and disparate subjects, but perhaps you all could pick one or two and give some suggestions on what I could have done better...

1. This one just seems to lack color and doesn't seem particularly sharp...

Orchard by RxForB3, on Flickr

2. This one I think is ok, but mostly unremarkable...

Tree by RxForB3, on Flickr

3. I think the processing on this one might be off?

Purple by RxForB3, on Flickr

4. Depth of field I'm sure could be improved, plus the tree behind the car would have been better off not being there...

Hi there! by RxForB3, on Flickr

5. My favorite of the day...

House on a Hill by RxForB3, on Flickr

First impressions:
1) Not bad, but it would have been interesting to get down a little lower and shoot from that angle. This might give more of a "tunnel" affect for the trees. - just my thoughts on this one. It looks sharp to me when I look at the trunks of the trees.

2) Again, not bad, nice colour in the tree, but I think I would have come around a bit more to get rid of the building (church?) on the left side - it is very distracting.

3) Flowers on the left are OOF and they all look a little oversaturated. I would crop a little off the right to get rid of that leaf (or whatever the green thing is) as it is distracting. This image might have been better in a portrait orientation that would allow you to fill more of the frame with the flower and get it all in focus.

4) The trees sticking out of the top of the SUV at the back are distracting - image would be much better with a clear sky behind the vehicle, and I would turn off the lights. I would also try and bring out a bit more of the detail in the sky.

5) You are right, probably the best of the lot in a number of ways, but the "house on the hill" is not that obvious, at least it wasn't to me, so I would call this one "Sunset" (assuming that is what it is) as it is the colours in the clouds in the sky which are what the eye sees first.

My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Thank you! You pointed out several things I don't think I would have thought of!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back