Pics that no one else likes

I thought this decomissioned ferry boat was cool.
image.jpg

A pic I processed up the wazoo for my home desktop. It is a love or hate thing. Serious photographers hate it but my friends and family love the style of it.
treedesk3.jpg

A pic I processed up the wazoo for my home desktop. It is a love or hate thing. Serious photographers hate it but my friends and family love the style of it.View attachment 93018

I like it for the way the tree leads into the clouds on the left side and for the feeling of emptiness. I don't mind the processing except for the highlights being pushed so far in the cloud on the right - if it weren't for that I think it would be even better.

I had to resurrect this thread.

I posted a pic for C&C and not a single reply. The pic is one of the few where I had a very specific idea in my head before I left home and managed to get that idea onto my camera.

The idea was to play with perspective using natural objects. The size of the object would be impossible to ascertain by just looking at the picture.

I give you exhibit 1:

wal1.jpg

This is a worm cast at a beach and it's made of sand. I have no idea how it was still intact but nature is a wonderful thing.

Thing is, it is about 3 inches high. Imagine the scene of me doing a good impression of a beached whale trying to get into a position that allowed the camera (on a macro setting) to capture the thing and the background in a manner that messed with perspective. I even went out in the midday sun so that the lighting would be overhead.

I am really proud of this picture even if it did not set TPF on fire.

I posted a pic for C&C and not a single reply.
That's one of the reasons I seldom bother. Another is the gurus who go about critique like a bull in a China shop. So I usually post them on my blog.

As for your shot, it's certainly unusual. Sometimes we have to get ourselves into all shapes. You put some effort in.

I remember reading about a wildlife photographer whose jacket froze to ice while he lay on his stomach waiting to get his shot. Dedication!
:)

That's one of the reasons I seldom bother. Another is the gurus who go about critique like a bull in a China shop. So I usually post them on my blog.

As for your shot, it's certainly unusual. Sometimes we have to get ourselves into all shapes. You put some effort in.

I remember reading about a wildlife photographer whose jacket froze to ice while he lay on his stomach waiting to get his shot. Dedication!
:)

Thanks for the reply.
Guess it was a bit too weird for comments

Resurrect!

I call this shot "Collapsing Dream'. I didn't get nearly as many "likes" as I usually do when I posted it on instgram.

pUoPeLq.jpg

This was a simple mistake. I have no idea why but as she was moving from one pose to the next I fired and got this. I didn't see it till I was back home and I have loved it since. Probably because her expression looks like I just asked her something really bad.....which I didn't. If I had I would have gotten a picture of her beating knots on my head.

19552639132_fd4c5ccdca_c_d.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back