Picture of my car

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Its had a little bit of photoshop... let me know what to do with shots like this to make them better

dsc00019vc.jpg

i think the tree in the centre of the roof needs to go, i find it a little bit detracting from the car.

Although you've got some nice tones with this in black and white, i just keep wanting to see it in really vibrant, saturated, high contrasting colours.

BTW you have a very nice car!

i actually really like the b/w, it has a nice genuine feel. I think the photo could use some space. the car seems too crowded, so it's more subject to the surroundings instead of vice versa. i agree that the tree is a bit distracting. nice tones :thumbsup:

Nicely done. I really like this one (other than the fact that its a scion :p). The range of tones imo is excellent. I wouldn't call myself an expert critic, but I personally like it. good job.

I kind of like it a bit brighter - something like this. And sharper where the polish makes it reflect. But then we are talking photochopping here. And the tree . . . well it does distract. Especially with the sunroof open and blending in. Nice Car!

dsc00019EDIT.jpg

the original shot looks pretty dark to me, the reflections you picked up are pretty cool... but typically you might want to stick on the sunny side of the car, especially on such a bright day. otherwise i find overcast days work well for auto photos... i still want to try the invisible hood trick on my jeep...

sweet ride BTW...

these are things i would do. close the sunroof, most automotive photography like this should be done with the car completly closed up. Try a lower angle to get rid of the tree, it is distracting. I also find the reflections distracting, especaially the cloud next to the a pillar, and if you really want to get picky take the license plate off.

overall, not bad though, black cars are very hard to shoot

Never too low,

I agree the window reflections can be distracting, but the reflections from the metal (maybe some plastic) body panels are what many car lovers strive for.

Oh, and not ALL cars are shot closed up :mrgreen:

Some look better open :thumbup: Nothing fancy here, just a shot of the new ride.

somecars.jpg

convertables are different, they should be shot with the top down. im just mentioning things i see that a book i read and a few pro automotive photographers have said to try and avoid.

MX5man said:
Never too low,

I agree the window reflections can be distracting, but the reflections from the metal (maybe some plastic) body panels are what many car lovers strive for.

Oh, and not ALL cars are shot closed up :mrgreen:

Some look better open :thumbup: Nothing fancy here, just a shot of the new ride.

somecars.jpg

nice car, i bet those are a blast to drive thru the twisties :)

Especially with one hand hanging on to my digital camera?

They are indeed a blast!

Most reactions

Back