What's new

Pictures for criticism 2

Mturulski

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Magnolia, Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Hummingbird

hummingdownsized.jpg


2. Cardinal

cardinaldownsized.jpg
 
#1 like it
#2 the background with the red flowers really takes away from the bright red head of the bird...
 
Great capture with the Hummingbird. I've always wanted to shoot one :(

The second photo is rather "busy" however I love, Love, LOVE the fact that the Cardinal is sitting right next to the stone bird, it's kind of a cool juxtaposition --

I would perhaps blur the background out more in photoshop or desaturate it or something, and boost the vibrance of the colour in the cardinal a little bit to stick out. It has potential to be a very lovely shot :)
 
I agree that the red flowers take away from the color of the cardinal, but after chasing him around for an hour I was happy to come away with this. I'll experiment with your suggestions in photoshop, and see if i can make the birdie pop a bit more. Thank you for the comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom