Pictures from downtown [death to 56k]

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
(took me long enough...)
This was on the excursion with Scott where I got the Wasabi pictures ;)

1. Just yer' standard sunset/skyline picture :)
houstonforum.jpg

2. Abstract No. 1, from Daiji's Sushi Bar
Contrastforum.jpg

3. The title is the description, would make a lovely wallpaper, no?
ComplicatedMonotonyforum.jpg

4. This reminds me of Amanda's drain picture ;)
Holeforum.jpg

5. My first foray into candid street photography with people (critique please)
LightRailforum.jpg

6. I love textures and old things :)
PipeDreamsforum.jpg

7. An abstract that reminds me of the sun rising over the horizon.
TheSunforum.jpg

8. Would you trust this man with your kids? I think not! :lol: (last one I promise)
PeepingScottforum.jpg

Lovely shots Joe!!! Nothing typical about the first, it's quite nice really :) I absolutely love that second shot still, and think I like it more and more as I see it. Love the drain pipes as well as the hole in the wall :) Your work always inspires me Joe, it seems we have the same thinking behind shots sometimes :)

As for the last, Scott should be proud, we can't really call him Lloyd in that shot :lol: And there's nothin hotter than a man armed with a camera...even if it is a Nikon :lol:

Thanks, and it does seem that we think the same a lot :)
I still say you're being too nice too me ;)

Oh, and to quote craig:
"I am going to beat you up after school if you make fun of Nikon one more time." :lol:

These are some nice shots, the first looks like a postcard and brings the city to life. #5 really begins to tell a story and portray something more than an image. That is when the photographs become something more than just a picture.... nice work!

I got to get me one of those #1 shots. That is spectacular. And I also really love #6 with the pipes. I am amazed at your talent at your age. You should be really proud of the work that you are doing. Both you and Scott are quite talented and it is to your benefit that you push each other. I can't wait to see your work progress.

iSellJerseyShore, I can give you a hint. Downtown Houston has lots of tall shiny buildings one right next to the other. Does that help?

When did you shoot these?! Why was I not informed? :lol: Very nice shots. And no, I DEFINITELY wouldn't trust that last guy with anyone's kids. Or the guy that was spying on him. :lmao:

Thank you all for your comments!
JerseyShore, Aoide nailed it, so your hint is what she said ;)
Amanda, and Aoide, you two are far too nice to me, thanks! :)
Scott, I managed to take a whole lot of pictures while you were chasing crows ;)
Once again, Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!

Your abstract work is very well done. the yellow and black one is a real popper. I've got a similar shot to the reflection one right down to the angle.
keep at it. You're good.

Aoide said:
iSellJerseyShore, I can give you a hint. Downtown Houston has lots of tall shiny buildings one right next to the other. Does that help?

Thanks for the hint..... Is it a close up of one of the buildings pictured in shot #1???

Unfortunately im not familiar with Houston, I been to Dallas once but never Houston (yet)....

-iSellJerseyShore

Jonk: Thank you very much, I have also been very impressed with your work!
JerseyShore: not one of those buildings, but yes. That photo was actually Scott's idea. Wellnot really, but he was the one that made me get off my lazy *&^ and change my lens to take it ;)
Thank you all :)

JerseyShore, just to be totally clear. That picture is a close of up a building. What you see is the reflection of another very reflective building next to it. So two reflective surfaces one next to another.

Aoide said:
JerseyShore, just to be totally clear. That picture is a close of up a building. What you see is the reflection of another very reflective building next to it. So two reflective surfaces one next to another.

There you go again, Aoide... always with the threadjacking. :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back