Pictures from Montana

HorsePoornBigSky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, I thought I would share some of my pictures that I've taken. I love landscape and animals. Most of my photos have never been edited so they are the orignals and umm not sure how to edit them really. I've played around with a few of them but was unsure of what I was doing. I'm slowly finding classes to take to learn as much as possible about photography. Help or tips are greatly apperciated.

I take tons of pictures of horses, dogs, cats, and so on. Thank you for looking. I have recently just added texts to my pictures because I saw a few floating around. lol

1. Avalanche Creek. West Glacier, Montana
AvalanchCreek.jpg

2. Bitterroot River. Lolo, Montana
BitterrootRiver.jpg

3. Bitterroot River. Lolo, Montana
BitterrootRiver2.jpg

4. Bowman Lake, Polebridge, Montana
BowmanLake.jpg

5. Mission Mountains. Charlo, Montana
CharloMT.jpg

6. Daly Mansion Gates. Hamilton, Montana
DalyMansionGates.jpg

7. St.Mary's Lake. Near Browning, Montana
StMarysLake.jpg

8. Polebridge, Montana
Polebridge2.jpg

9. Polebridge, Montana
Polebridge.jpg

10. Stevensville, Montana
MTSunrise3.jpg

11. Stevensville, Montana
MTSunrise4.jpg

12. Juniormiss, quarter horse mare.
Junior.jpg

13. Juniormiss
WinterJr23.jpg

Oooo, nice series!!! My personal faves of this lot are 6, 9 and 12.

They all look pixelated and compressed. Upload issues perhaps?

Anyway, numbers 4, 8 and 10 look like they could be stunners with some decent image quality.

Thank you. Yes they are compressed down. I load them to another site that compresses them down. I then save them again and reload them to photobucket because I've had problems trying to upload them onto the internet. They will take forever to load if I don't download them somewhere that compresses them. The orignals don't have the pixel look nor are they really compressed.

yeah thats prolly why, they have a weird feeling to them like they are out of focus or something. especially in 9.

how could you be in montana and not visit the bighorn river?!

nice series other than that the shots are kinda weird

These are stunning. The landscapes are just gorgeous...kind of makes one feel like visiting such a beautiful environment. I also love the two horse shots. Nicely composed and cropped too. I'm a sucker for a mane in the wind!

Edit: Except, of course, the pixel issues already mentioned.

I find that saving the file as a PNG before the upload to the web avoids any type of compression.

Anyways, nice pics.

Well maybe they are out of focus, but I didn't think so. They look completely different than what I see when I upload them from the camera. I will put a picture of an orignal before copyright and loaded from one site to another. Thank you for the comments. I've actually never been to the Big Horn river and couldn't even tell you where it's at in Montana. lol

Orignal, not resized or anything.
Cissy, sorrel quarter horse mare.
IMG_7837.jpg

After saving from one site to another
Cissylip.jpg

4 and 10 are amazing! makes me want to go to montana

Most reactions

New Topics

Back