Pictures from NY City! C&C!

king718

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
EDIT - PICTURES DOWN IN THE 4 TH POST vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Still have not edited them. Straight out of the camera. Let me know what you guys think. Still new to this.

Edit. Pictures not coming through lol how do attach pictures after they are loaded?

Last edited:
king718 said:
Sorry about that guys. I'm not allowed to attach pictures yet. Here you go:

Flickr: hami_jatt's Photostream

You have to pay to attach photos I believe.

Most people won't click on links

Choose a picture in flickr go to the share button choose grab the code. Make sure you check off that you want the bbcode. Then copy and paste here.

6633912507_e0f090e195_z.jpg

6633910671_f2fdc84191_z.jpg

6633909005_3ce167fdd5_z.jpg

6633907133_c0359344f9_z.jpg

6633905547_24d0bdbf28_z.jpg

6633897513_d1124cf977_z.jpg

6633903561_08f52b835d_z.jpg

6633899301_a590cdcf6b_z.jpg

1st one could have been very interesting if you had cropped the guy of the scene a bit more.. All of these have much things to look on, there's no exact subject of the photo(except for the scooter). Not the most fortunate composition for me.

Lol most of these shots were taken from the car while my gf was driving. So when ever I had a chance I would snap a pic.

ManhattanShutterBug said:
I find them boring.

That's not critique. That's opinion. I can't handle wildlife photography in large doses because my attention is eventually lost, but that doesn't mean anything because the work could still be amazing technically and fascinating to other people.

But these are snapshots, though.

ManhattanShutterBug said:
I find them boring.

That's not critique. That's opinion. I can't handle wildlife photography in large doses because my attention is eventually lost, but that doesn't mean anything because the work could still be amazing technically and fascinating to other people.

But these are snapshots, though.

Just so everyone is aware; C&C means critique and comment. Both of which are opinion based. Images are meant to tell a story and invoke emotion, if a viewer finds them boring, then the job of the photograph is not fulfilled.
For a viewer to reply with an emotion (or lack of) and nothing more is the prerogative of the viewer. Although it would be helpful if the viewer did describe specifics.

On #7, is that the Rockefeller center in the background? As a person intro architecture, I wouldn't just have the base of the building... I probably would have had a higher aperture so the buildings aren't as distracting.

EDIT: I also would have lined up the plate, and the invisible lines between the horns, with the Christmas tree.

I find them boring.

Really?
Is that all you have to say? Is that your " critique of the day?"
I'm pretty sure every beginner can do without your critique.

On a side note, number 6 had potential.
Lower the frame, put the car and vanishing point on a third.

Ballistics said:
Just so everyone is aware; C&C means critique and comment. Both of which are opinion based. Images are meant to tell a story and invoke emotion, if a viewer finds them boring, then the job of the photograph is not fulfilled.
For a viewer to reply with an emotion (or lack of) and nothing more is the prerogative of the viewer. Although it would be helpful if the viewer did describe specifics.

^ exactly.

Your right though, I should have gone into more detail. I find them boring because there is no story, emotion, subject, etc. To me these are simply just snap shots of random meaning less things.

LightSpeed said:
Really?T
Is that all you have to say? Is that your " critique of the day?"

I'm pretty sure every beginner can do without your critique.

Yes it is. And I'm not even going to give half a response to that.

Heres my CC, take everything with a grain of salt, Im still a beginner,
1. The photo right now is not very interesting. I agree with previous comments about maybe trying to zoom in or crop that one guy, perhaps making it more interesting.
2. Not very interesting at all, no clear subject, and it looks very crooked to me, try to keep your lines straight when taking pictures unless your going for an effect, (I don't think you are here). Sorry this one really doesn't do it for me.
3. Again not a very interesting photo in my opinion. THis one has a clearer subject but its still boring, sorry.
4. The street looks crooked in this again... Also again no clear subject. When doing street photography really try to zoom in on one main subject or else the picture will (most likely) just be cluttered and confusing. Sorry again if Im sounding tough, Whenever I CC I give me honest opinion, I don't like when people sugar coat when they give me CC so I wouldn't want to do anything to someone that I wouldn't want done to me on my thread.
5. This one definitely has a clear subject so its better, but the background is boring in my opinion, still better than the previous ones though.
8. I agree that this one had potential. I would have tried to zoom in more on the three people, but then again I have no idea how that would come out, just a option to try.
Keep at it. But next time I would highly suggest not taking photos from a car. It is very hard to get really great though out photos from a car. Walk around the city and really think about each photo, compositionally wise a technical wise before taking each photo. I know your new so don't take offense if you know already, but have you read your cameras manuel and do you know about all the settings and what they do? I can't tell from these shots. But if you don't know you shudl learn. Good luckl.

Love the tunnel shot. Not much to say about the others that hasn't been said. The scooter pic could be in b&w and you'd never know if it was 1950 or 2012 (unless you know scooters).

Most reactions

Back