Pictures of my dog, C&C please

benner410

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
**Changed the lighting angles a little bit in photoshop, other than that no editing done.

DSC_0093.png

arthurlie.png

**This one is unedited. I took it because he seemed intrigued by his shadow, lol.

arthurshadow.png

anna.png

What's with the dark corner areas in the first two pictures?

None of these images do much for me. The problem is the angle you're taking them from. When shooting animals (and children) it's good to get down to their eye level when you shoot them.

Be aware of the light and which direction it's coming from.

You need to work on your composition skills a bit. Try not to center the subject so much. Composition Tips

**Changed the lighting angles a little bit in photoshop, other than that no editing done.

It looks like you added a gradient layer or a vignetting layer which has caused the first two to look underexposed. If you do add these layers, it is best to boost the brightness of they underlying layers so they don't come out underexposed. You could also increase the transparency of the gradient layer to reduce the amount of vignetting you have going on. I like the effect when it's done right, but it doesn't really contribute anything to these photos.

Sam's advice about the angles you shoot at and composition would also help you improve these photos. Nice work otherwise!

Most reactions

Back