Pictures without editing

especially if you have a lot to process. Having them as close to SOOC as possible is still important, because the last thing I want to do is spend time trying to "recover" a bad shot,

I take specific pics in a very particular manner to get the in camera work as correct as I can with the full intention of adding specific post processing to gain the effect I am after. Flowers is a subject I do a lot of HDR on but only after I get the image in camera correct first.

especially if you have a lot to process. Having them as close to SOOC as possible is still important, because the last thing I want to do is spend time trying to "recover" a bad shot,

I take specific pics in a very particular manner to get the in camera work as correct as I can with the full intention of adding specific post processing to gain the effect I am after. Flowers is a subject I do a lot of HDR on but only after I get the image in camera correct first.

Agree wholeheartedly. Editing those is a completion of a step, like putting the icing on a tasty cake. I kick myself in the rear when necessity forces me to edit something, because I wasn't paying attention when I clicked the shutter.

Modern technology has improved on the vain attempt to get it right the first time. Rare is the film, or digital, shot that a person says is "perfect" and could be improved on. Digital just reduces the the cost of repeated attempt to try for that perfect shot.

I try to get as much right in the camera as I can. The biggest thing I'm willing to do on the computer is cropping, which doesn't bother me because when I learned on-film and in the darkroom, cropping was entirely expected. I'm also readily willing to do minor brightness and contrast adjustments.

I generally stay away from intense manipulation. Part because I'm not especially good at it, and partly because of how much time is required. As a hobbyist f I can get it where just crops takes care of it, all the better.

It's all up to the photographer to decide if editing is necesarry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back