TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Pied-billed Grebe copy1.jpg

The Coot isn't going to win any waterfowl beauty contest,
but it is a delight to watch them dive!

$American Coot.jpg

Nice couple of shots. It fun to watch them drive and guess where their going to popup.

I want one Lee. Either will do ;) Getting some great shots Lee and good in the lighting department. The red eye really stands out in the last shot and I love the ripple effects going on.

All the best way up your way Lee, keep them coming.

Danny.

Nice little birds Lee, I bet you wished you had a bigger lens. Looks like you could have used one here :(

Nice little birds Lee, I bet you wished you had a bigger lens. Looks like you could have used one here :(

I don't think anyone shooting critters is happy with their lens! We all want 3000 mm, f .2, sharp as my ex-wife's lawyer, and fits in our pocket! :lmao: Lee

Nice! I love watching those little grebes, haven't been able to get close enough to them to get anything decent. They see the camera come out and swim in the opposite direction! :lol:

Nice! I love watching those little grebes, haven't been able to get close enough to them to get anything decent. They see the camera come out and swim in the opposite direction! :lol:

They have no problem at all outwitting humans with cameras, yet they call them "bird brains!" :sexywink: Lee

Lee, don't underestimate the beauty of the old coot ;) The are rather plain most of the time, but every once in a while you get a shot and think hmmmmmm, these guys are not as ugly as they seem. Oh, and their feet. The feet are so ugly and weird looking that they are kinda cute. (I really don't get it) :lmao:

Lee, don't underestimate the beauty of the old coot ;) The are rather plain most of the time, but every once in a while you get a shot and think hmmmmmm, these guys are not as ugly as they seem. Oh, and their feet. The feet are so ugly and weird looking that they are kinda cute. (I really don't get it) :lmao:

Coots are actually their own species, characterized by their feet. A lot of people at parks will refer to them as ducks, but they are actually more closely related to the chicken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back