Pileated Woodpecker (lifer) and Wood Ducks

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got my first shot of a Pileated Woodpecker. Also saw a Great Horned Owl, at least his backside. He was perched but no angle to get a shot of the head. At least I know where he and the nest is now. Supposedly there are owlets in the nest. I'll try again this weekend.
Saw tons of Wood Ducks. I know they like perching on trees but I thought small tree or low branches. I found a bunch perched in very tall trees 20-25' up.

Pileated Woodpecker
by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Female Wood Duck

Female Wood Duck

Male Wood Duck

Male Wood Duck

Last edited:
All very nice, but #4 is outstanding; he (she?) looks like they're getting ready to lead an orchestra!

Cracking set of shots Brent, but #4 is just WOW.

Agree with the above great shots Brent

great set and congrats on the lifer! I must of just been lucky to come across that breed of woodpecker in Stanley Park while holidaying in Vancouver last year :)

great set and congrats on the lifer! I must of just been lucky to come across that breed of woodpecker in Stanley Park while holidaying in Vancouver last year :)

Thanks. I heard them often, sound like a jack hammer, but never see them.

Real nice set!

I don't know which gives me bigger fits. I see the woodies more often but hear the pileateds. Hard to get pics of either. The last male duck is really nice.

Real nice set!

I don't know which gives me bigger fits. I see the woodies more often but hear the pileateds. Hard to get pics of either. The last male duck is really nice.

Thank guys!

We are lucky that one of our biggest parks in Toronto has a lot of Wood ducks and they aren't too skittish.

What a gorgeous set!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back